Forum

UT game

6 years 6 months ago #76999 by BulldogShannon
UT game was created by BulldogShannon
How do you think the game will play out? This is not CMR's Georgia team. I feel like it's a business trip and I fully expect us to go up there and win comfortably.

I just don't see how UT can come up with enough offense to get to 20 on us and if they can't, they can't win. They are bad at stopping the run.

I predict that much like the MSU game, Fromm will not have to throw it more than 15-20 times. 15 carries for Chubb, 10 for Michel, 5-8 for Swift, and 2-3 for Herrien and Holifield. Something along those lines. Fromm in the neighborhood of 10-15 for 175 or so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 6 months ago #77000 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic UT game
Agree BDS.... we won’t come out flat or big headed...Kirby has much experience in keeping players

Grounded and focused.... leave the rah rah to UT....as you said...business trip..

Get in...get the job done...get on the plane come home....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77001 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic UT game

BulldogShannon wrote: How do you think the game will play out?

Despite Tennessee being a total pile of garbage, don't think for one second that they're not going to try to come out and set the tempo early. Going to Knoxville is always a tall order, and while I agree that this isn't CMR's dawgs any longer, this is still an ugly SEC road visit to a stadium that is going to be raucous. Brick-by-brick Butch Jones is fighting for his life in Knoxville, so don't think this game doesn't have any meaning to him, it certainly does, because if UGA comes in there and puts a 56-10 clinic on, they may fire him before he even goes back to the locker room to address the team after the game. So he is going to have a lot riding on trying to pull home field upset over Georgia.

As much as I hate to say this because this hearkens back too closely to what I would have said (and did say) during CMR's days - but it depends on which UGA team shows up. Is it the UGA of App State & Notre Dame? If so, I think it's a battle that we ultimately pull out by a touchdown. Is it the UGA of the Miss State game where we finally saw an offensive line block and open holes and an offensive coordinator that finally called a good game? If that's the case, we run over UT like a wet paper bag. UGA better set the tempo and tone right out of the gate. We better not be in a close game in the 4th because UT has a rich history of sneaking one out.

I was relieved and heartened to hear CKS say in his presser after the game that the MSST game, as good as it was, was just one game and it's time to focus again on the next task at hand. Glimpses of Kirby on the sideline tearing into guys for missed assignments with a 28 point lead in the 4th showed me that the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. I think he will have an extra measure of discipline and focus in this week's practices that will temper any temptation to start believing the hype of the media. It gets interesting now that we're sitting at #7. A win convincingly this weekend would put us in the top 5.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl, sflanagan21

More
6 years 6 months ago #77002 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic UT game
I agree with SD. We now know this dog will hunt. We just need coaches to keep the focus on winning going forward. There's no reason we don't steamroll UT, but then again, these games have a habit of being close.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77003 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic UT game
Another learning exercise for Jake Fromm. Thus far crowd noise has been in his and our teams favor, that will not be the case Saturday. Will be interesting to say the least.

EDIT: Interesting video.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 6 months ago #77004 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic UT game
Pretty much like SD said.. if the o-line is transformed into what we saw Saturday, and Chaney doesn't Chaney, we roll big time... if the line regresses, or Chaney leaves his playbook from Saturday at the pregame buffet, we'll be in for a fight..i think we win either way .

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds