Forum

EXPECTATIONS

6 years 7 months ago #76810 by growl
Replied by growl on topic EXPECTATIONS
Buc, I hope you and all the Dawgs in Fla. are is a safe place. Please be watchful my friend. God Bless you all

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 7 months ago #76811 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic EXPECTATIONS
God solid read SouthernDawg.

Sincerely hope that we get the offensive linemen that are still in the mix.

Read a good article that one of our offensive line hopefuls (recruit) was quoted as saying that he was more than impressed with Coach Sam. That same line seems to be showing up more and more when recruits openly speak about Pittman.

Will be taking notes on Notre Dame's defensive line and our offensive front. Anxious to see how our "right side" performs. Nick loves that toss on the right side, one foot buried and run downhill. Bet here is there will be a lot of that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
6 years 7 months ago #76812 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic EXPECTATIONS

growl wrote: I realize that the team took a big hit this last weekend with the injury of Jacob Eason, but I'm not ready to concede anything to anybody in any Game or for that matter the season. I also realize that the loss of experience at the QB position will lead to a different game plan until JF gets his feet firmly planted and there will be ups and downs for the team. That being said we are very lucky to have the right guy in the right spot at the right time and we have to step up and pull our end of this deal. No reason to drink any "kool aid" and think its all going to be like we expected, it could go either way, just have to hope for the best. Its all up to the Coaches now to Coach 'em up. Hopefully the players will take the initiative to get better individually like Blankenship apparently did over the off season. GO DAWGS!!GATA

Mistaken premise.

I don't think the team took a huge blow and Fromm at QB wouldn't lead me to concede anything. Limited time, but Eason didn't show he was any different than last year and Fromm looked better.

In my opinion the issue is can our offensive line protect Fromm and can they consistently get push and open up holes.

Period... that's it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, sflanagan21

More
6 years 7 months ago #76813 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic EXPECTATIONS
Looking around Wartdawg, seems to me that we have better than average players at most positions, both sides of the ball. Where Georgia recruiting has failed miserably over many years is to understand and develop solid offensive lines. Many of us know where the fault lies, hoping that has been corrected, never to return to our past mistakes.

Like the fact that Cameron Nizialek found his way South. Continues to punt as he did Saturday, field position will be a plus once again. Punts could make the difference in South Bend.

More
6 years 7 months ago #76814 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic EXPECTATIONS

Wartdawg wrote:

growl wrote: I realize that the team took a big hit this last weekend with the injury of Jacob Eason, but I'm not ready to concede anything to anybody in any Game or for that matter the season. I also realize that the loss of experience at the QB position will lead to a different game plan until JF gets his feet firmly planted and there will be ups and downs for the team. That being said we are very lucky to have the right guy in the right spot at the right time and we have to step up and pull our end of this deal. No reason to drink any "kool aid" and think its all going to be like we expected, it could go either way, just have to hope for the best. Its all up to the Coaches now to Coach 'em up. Hopefully the players will take the initiative to get better individually like Blankenship apparently did over the off season. GO DAWGS!!GATA

Mistaken premise.

I don't think the team took a huge blow and Fromm at QB wouldn't lead me to concede anything. Limited time, but Eason didn't show he was any different than last year and Fromm looked better.

In my opinion the issue is can our offensive line protect Fromm and can they consistently get push and open up holes.

Period... that's it.

I agree. The "big hit" we took is that Ramsey is just one snap away from getting on the field. I do think we'd be a little better off with Eason on the field, but only because of his very strong arm and experience. However, the "drop off" is pretty small. I don't see Fromm costing us the game, at any rate.

Our O-Line, on the other hand . . . if they don't show up . . . :(

That said, one of the things I took away from Buc's film study was that Temple is not very good, and it's not because Notre Dame made them look that way. Arm tackling is HORRIBLE, and will NOT WORK against even mediocre football teams. They just didn't look like they were sharp on either side of the ball, even on plays that worked.

I expect a different game this weekend. Appalachian State is NOT a bad football team, but they aren't as good as Notre Dame. I agree with SouthernDawg. ND went 4-8 last year against some pretty ordinary programs, one of which was Duke AT HOME. I'm kind of glad they are returning a lot of players from that team.

That said, if our O-line fails to do its job, we could be VERY unhappy tomorrow.

I think we win a nail biter . . . UGA 17, ND 13.

More
6 years 7 months ago #76815 by growl
Replied by growl on topic EXPECTATIONS
I believe it is a big blow when you're #1 QB is injured and you're #3 QB is as weak as ours appears to be, although he is an adequate punter.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, sflanagan21

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds