Forum

EXPECTATIONS

6 years 7 months ago #76817 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic EXPECTATIONS

growl wrote: I believe it is a big blow when you're #1 QB is injured and you're #3 QB is as weak as ours appears to be, although he is an adequate punter.

I think we can agree that having Ramsey standing there on the sideline, only one play away from the huddle, is a HUGE hit. [Heck . . . after his last performance, I'd take ANYONE POSTING ON THIS FORUM over BR!] But I'm not going to let that worry me until I see #12 jogging out onto the field of play. THEN I'll worry . . . Oh boy . . . I will DEFINITELY worry then . . . :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #76821 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic EXPECTATIONS

growl wrote: I believe it is a big blow when you're #1 QB is injured and you're #3 QB is as weak as ours appears to be, although he is an adequate punter.

Weak from a depth standpoint, but barring injury.. the QB position shouldn't cause us to lose this game.

The OL though, could.. and I am still not impressed with them after ApSt

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, sflanagan21

More
6 years 7 months ago #76822 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic EXPECTATIONS
growl,

Losing your #1 QB that is heads and shoulders above your backup is a big hit. Losing your #1 QB to another obvious starting QB waiting in the wings isn't nearly as big a deal. Clearly Fromm showed last week that he wasn't planning on missing a beat. Will he take his lumps? Yeah probably, but honestly, I'm far more tolerant of a true freshman coming in and taking his lumps vs. a heralded 2nd year all-everything QB that simply isn't where he should be in his development. Does that mean I'm ready to shelf Eason? No, not necessarily, nor do I think CKS is ready to either. Now if we were losing Eason and welcoming in Ramsey, I'd be ready to start the bourbon about 4 hours before kickoff just to make sure it's set in good and proper to endure the game. We can debate this all day long. Is it a "hit" to us? Sure. Is it a season-jeopardizing "hit" to us? Not by a long shot.

Wart,

It really is as simple as the line isn't it? I hear the talking heads yak yak yakking about the intricacies of offensive play scheming and I just want to pull my hair out. It's no big State secret that the lines are where football is won or lost - particularly in the SEC. Period. No further discussion. And if we want to make some real noise in the East and some noise in Hotlanta in December, then we had damned well better start making noise on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Defensive is light years ahead of offensive line. When I see the o-line start playing SEC caliber ball, then I'll start getting a little excited about the prospects. Right now, they're playing Chick-Fil-A or Outback Bowl football.

I lost interest in that type of football about ten years ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
6 years 7 months ago #76823 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic EXPECTATIONS
I don't think we took a big hit at all by losing Eason. Word was that he was making his reads way quicker and planting his feet into his throws. Well maybe he was doing all that in practice but when it was game time I saw the same hiccups I saw all last season and for that matter in HS too. With that being said I wish every single Dawg the very best! BUT it's a team sport and first and foremost I want what's best for the team in the long run. And I think Fromm is the man for job. It will not come without a learning curve...

Our O line has to bring it Sat night or we will be in all sorts of trouble offensively. The play of the o line will dictate the outcome of the game.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg, growl

More
6 years 7 months ago #76825 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic EXPECTATIONS

sflanagan21 wrote:
Our O line has to bring it Sat night or we will be in all sorts of trouble offensively. The play of the o line will dictate the outcome of the game.

GO DAWGS

Yup.

Nuff said.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77124 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic EXPECTATIONS
As I often do, backtrack and read what has been said on various threads . . . . Will add this video that I have a particular interest in at this time. Coach Saban knew that Coach Smart would continue doing in Athens what he did in Tuscaloosa. Sound endorsement from where I sit.

EDIT . . . . and this . . . .

More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds