Forum

From Athens-Friday Thoughts- July 7th

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76617 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts- July 7th
DAWGtm, there has to be some concern about Auburn. A lot of concern from where I sit. They have a solid group on the defensive side of the ball. Also have coaches that "understand" just how important it is to get a win against Georgia. Importance being "recruiting". Mentioned a short time back that Auburn would have to "fold their tent" is they relied on "recruiting" in Alabama. That takes me to this, again . . . . Mark Richt and Mahogany Row did not feel it important to keep Columbus, Georgia as a stop on the trail, prior to getting LOI's. Big ass mistake, recognized by those that now recruit and coach "talent" from the Columbus, Georgia area. Damn right the game this year in Auburn stacks up as "smack mouth, kick ass game". Takes me to this . . . . Why would any head coach in Athens write off a talented area of athletes like those that reside there year after year?

THANK YOU COACH DELL McGEE. Some understand that UGA was a boat without a rudder in Athens for far too long, impossible for any staff including Mahogany Row to expect the end results for too many years believing that "success" was just around the "corner". Read many sites/blogs and it does not surprise me that much of the chatter has not changed for . . . . . YEARS.

Always brings me back to the "Bleeding Hearts", or sometime does. Too many profess to have "answers". Find myself in that "group" OFTEN.

Coach Smart, do not want to see statistics that prove you understand DEFENSE, that of course is acceptable. Give the "talent" in Athens a chance to move forward as a "team". Many like myself understand that one overlooked "piece of the puzzle" is this . . . . Will not stop posting until I see SPECIAL TEAMS making a difference in our program. Seem to remember "you" wanting to see the same. Will say this . . . . Have no ill feelings about not giving a certain kicker a scholarship. Why? If a certain kicker can hit a 70 yard field goal on youtube. . . . what is going on with toe to leather reaching the endzone? With you Kirby on this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #76618 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts- July 7th
Agree on the kicking game. Put it through the end zone every time. We know Kirby knows defense. I hope he will show us he knows how to coach the entire team this year. As for Auburn should be a tough game but I'm counting on CSP to have the line gelled by then and turn our stable of backs loose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago #76619 by Buc
DAWGtm, spent a few hours the past couple of weeks looking at Auburn.

For the life of me when comparing Georgia/Auburn talent wise, cannot agree with the "media buzz".

No way does Auburn have more talent in the first eleven(11) players on either side of the ball than Georgia has, right now. Cannot speak to whether or not how many 2017 recruited players will either start or get substantial playing time in 2017. Some are saying that Auburn has home field advantage . . . . how has that worked in the past is my question.

I truly believe if we can generate some offense, and I scratch my head wondering why we can't, considering the offensive players that we have, why are the media folks sold on Auburn winning against Georgia . . . .

The reason for their thoughts could possibly be our Special Teams. Auburn does have a pretty good kicking game. Home field advantage many times is given a 2/3 point advantage. In my mind, Special Teams are very important when we travel to face off with the bad guys on the Plains.

Comes back to this . . . . Coaching. Fail to see a difference talent wise. If the ratings are based on "Talent" my gut tells me that we are more talented and deeper than Auburn in 2017.

Coaching, me thinks will settle the outcome in this game.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up . . . . Some of us are ready to see "real change". Might be that the heavily recruited players in the 2017 Class will change some of the coaching "thoughts". Thoughts such as Nick and Sony "planted" in the offensive coordinators planning latter part of the 2016 Season. Just rolling "things around".

;) :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
6 years 9 months ago #76620 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts- July 7th
Buc...can't find much to agree with when looking at the heads making predictions....

As you and others correctly pointed out.. talent exceeds all the opposition we have on our schedule...

Which falls back to the default setting......coaching......

As stated we will have answers by half time in South Bend......

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago #76621 by Buc
yankeedawg1, as you have correctly pointed out before . . . .

Some that have found their way to this board believe we have been short changed for too long.

Many of us could go through another x number of years and when September "finally" rolls around might say some things differently this time around . . . . 2017.

Pulling for Head Coach Kirby Smart and Company. Why would "I" and "others" speak differently . . . . ?

yd1, more than willing to accept a failure on the players part, as long as said player is hitched to the wagon and doing his best.

No longer willing to accept what I have seen in the past. Been around UGA Football for a while, continue to "hear" and "see" the same "script" that I have heard for "years".

Time for me (Buc) to SHOUT.

Time for "players" to stand tall, just as Nick and Sony did. Otherwise we will remain mired in the "stuff" that comes from "above".

Have had several, actually many that follow me on different areas of communications that refuse to accept anything less than 10/11 2017 Season wins. I am a supporter of Head Coach Kirby Smart . . . . that does not mean that myself and others will bow down to what was acceptable prior to Kirby's hire in the Classic City.

The "chatter" has been going on for several years, all any of us have to do is "check the chatter".

;) :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
6 years 9 months ago #76622 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts- July 7th
Mulling thoughts on a beautiful night in Athens.....patio..sunset... cold brew in hand......pleasantly

Full after a great supper.....truly blessed...

Looming questions about prior coaching staff.... hot and cold issues regarding player leadership..

Little question that Arron Murray was a leader....imo....deaf ears on coaching....no greater example

Than him looking to the sideline for help...end of our last SECCG..... our coaches looked like

They all had a bad case of buck fever.....

Different coaching staff....supporting Sony and Nick on leadership..... can make a case we had

Warmed over coaching from Mark Richt for at least seven year of his time in Athens... maybe longer

Coach Kirby needs aging and experience....willingness to acknowledge hiring errors ... make good

Hires..... which he has shown he is capable of...... yes OC is the 800 lb gorilla on that subject..

Not going there until we played our last game this season.... I will say wishing our coaches much

Success this season.....or as been said many times...Coach 'em. Up.... believe it will be repeated

Many times.....fall camp less than four weeks away...

Itchy......Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds