Forum

From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 30th

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76595 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 30th was created by yankeedawg1
Good morning all,

I have Been a grade "A" slacker for past four days... Enjoyable trip to Charleston.... depleted the

supply Of seafood and craft brews..... highly recommended Hymans Seafood on Meeting St.

Awesome.....not a tourist trap.....

Thanks to all who stoked the fires while I was out of the loop....

Charleston filled with Clemson folks who honestly acknowledged that last years Natty could have gone the other way easily.... many good things to say about Coach Smart...

Last week I posted how the sicem17 recruiting machine was grinding away to net some ballers to

Join them Zamir White is the first..... Coach McDell. Earned his new contract..... he has a few more nuggets tucked in his tote sack.....

As Buc correctly noted as a high school O lineman and having the stable of horses to run the ball ...

strong look To join this offense... building depth at QB which showcases the depth being added across our program.. a very good thing

Point ... sicem17 loaded the defense also.....betting there our several silent commits lurking in that group also..

Yes all heard before.....prove it on the field..... itchy for season..... no clue how much noise we

Will make.......looking forward to answering questions....

Heard and read...correctly....always had the players in Athens....not so with the coaching...

Imho. We are heading in the right direction to correct that also...

Apparently.....recruits......sharing some of that though also...

Wishing everyone a Happy and safe Fourth.....once again reminded....of the sacrifices made

By our military.....Freedom.....never is Free...

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week..

As always "Go Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DavidC, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76596 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 30th
Spend a good amount of time watching and reading recruiting, especially when it gets closer to “finding time at a preferred position”.

This is nothing new, football at “all levels” has changed since I was a young man, will continue to do so, no way media will do anything other than “search” for readership. Also, nothing wrong with that “if” those in the media keep the train on the tracks.

See where a young man from California playing the quarterback position heaved or . . . . took two steps and put enough air under the ball to reach 77 yards. Young man has arm strength, believe that we have a young man as our #1 quarterback entering 2017 that can either match those numbers or come close.

We (UGA) also have a young man that is listed as the #2 quarterback for 2017. Do not know how far #2 can toss the football, but I think I recognize this . . . . accuracy. Not a new subject for this board, anyone reading here knows that is a true statement.

So much talent coming out of high school each year, and that has changed high school football forever. North, South, East and West, if we choose to get technical. For those old enough (like myself) that statement carries more truth than some of the “stuff” that is published in our football world today.

Cannot blame a talented young player changing his mind. What these young folks are doing is looking to “display” their talent. Hard to do when there are “two or three players” of equal or close to equal talent signing on with one university.

High school coaches come into play when their “talented” young men have numerous university coaches in this modern age of electronics reaching out much differently than years back. All of us know and understand that, if not . . . . I give “one example”. Coach Dell McGee. For those that believe differently . . . . Coach McGee is a coach that spent his time in lower levels. For damn sure that has changed, and have to say this . . . . Head Coach Kirby Smart made a solid decision in that selection.

Take that to another level . . . . Kirby Smart in “my mind” not someone that “understands” play calling . . . . “fully”. My opinion. Super recruiter, that is a “plus +”. Played the game in college on the defensive side of the ball. Tutored under Nick Saban, not a bad way to go, both recruiting and teaching.

Football has come to this . . . . again my opinion. Do not need to hear the “stuff” from the media or elsewhere . . . . ALL ABOUT COACHING. ogredawg has pointed this out for a looooooooog time.

TALENT + COACHING = ?

At some point “you and I” have to believe what we see before us . . . . Clemson did. Need I say more? Check Clemson's "bottom line".

Go Dawgs, coach 2017 and 2018 up . . . . if we believe what the 17 and 18 years olds are saying “now”, comes down to “coaching”. Yes, I READ A LOT.

:)

EDIT:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago #76597 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 30th
Good read Buc...... can Tom Brady throw a ball 77 yards.....or does he throw 35 and places were

His guy can catch..... golf ...you drive for show.....putt for dough......

To all enjoy the 4th.....God Bless our Vets...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago #76598 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Good read Buc...... can Tom Brady throw a ball 77 yards.....or does he throw 35 and places were

His guy can catch..... golf ...you drive for show.....putt for dough......

To all enjoy the 4th.....God Bless our Vets...

Several good points yankeedawg1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76599 by Buc
Really hope we can keep Azeez Ojulari in Athens. Why do I say that? Two reasons . . . . Check the Opening film above and watch him. Second reason . . . . Coach Pruitt is after Azeez, enough to convince me. Film below shows a lot more of his talent than the film above.

247sports.com/Player/Azeez-Ojulari-46035763

EDIT: And this . . . .

247sports.com/Bolt/Crystal-Ball-UGA-grab...pass-rusher-53434389

EDIT #2 . . . . And this :woohoo:

More
6 years 9 months ago #76600 by Buc
Has been mentioned on this board that Coach Coley is incredibly strong as a recruiter in Florida. Mentioned several times to be factual. This old dawg again will say that I would not be disappointed to see James Coley as the coach calling the plays on Saturdays. Not going to call it a "position change", that comes from the head coach. Coach Coley would open this group of athletes now on the offensive side of the ball to closely resemble what he accomplished in Tallahassee. Have said this a time or two . . . . Coach James Coley is on a lot of lists as this is being typed. I have a great fear that the "penny pinchers" will again make the same mistake that was made many years back when Erk was not named head coach. Use this word again . . . .STOOPID. UGA suffered for many years with that VD mistake. Jealousy, my opinion. Erk moved down and "created" a football program in Middle Georgia that proved to many what FOOTBALL is all about.

All of the talent in the world is useless without "coaching". I know, everyone understands that . . . . with maybe the exception of one or two that could be mentioned. Bet this . . . . McGee and Coley will put more butts in the seats than McGarity and that group above him will ever produce. Bean counters.

Georgia Football has "finally" reached a point that will allow the FANS to back up their wishes with "results".

Copied the italicized line below from the article below.

He liked the fit there and his long-standing relationships with UGA running backs coach Dell McGee and receivers coach James Coley.

www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/b...-de-commits-from-fsu

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds