Forum

A Second UGA Thought . . . .

6 years 9 months ago #76543 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Second UGA Thought . . . .

ogredawg wrote: Mistakes were made in coaching hires. Only way to rectify that mistake is to be a contender in 2017. Any less is failure

Would add to the above . . . .

Sure way to get on the right course would be to replace the Athletic Director. Wrong person "calling the plays" from Butts-Mehre. Proven to be FACTUAL since 2010.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago #76544 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic A Second UGA Thought . . . .
Yep. AD has to go. It is the same with every aspect of the team coaches and above. Once you have been there too long and found your 'comfortable' spot it is usually time to move on.

Exception: Since January 2007, Nick Saban has served as Alabama's head coach. He seems to have a comfortable spot that also wins.

On the other hand...

Players rotate out based on rules and the conventional thinking they are only there during the time (4-5 years) it takes to get a degree. Good. That's part of what college ball is about.

We have a new HC. His hires are his. OC is question on this board.

AD? What is he contributing? Restrooms working yet?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76545 by Buc
Roaming the internet, the article below got my attention. What really got my attention was reading the "comments" to the article. Comments I have found lead the Dawg Faithful in most circumstances to the right decisions.

Right or wrong, I believe that the members posting their concerns about our current status of "leadership"? on this site know there is "still a problem" with the Athletic Department.

Will say this again, Coach Smart gets his "time" to change what many of us were up in arms about with the previous head coach and quite frankly, Athletic Director prior to McGarity. Hiring of Greg McGarity has not . . . . has not improved our overall standing in athletics. If . . . . If Coach Smart was to fail to move our football program forward, is it true that McGarity would lose his job as has been suggested by many?

Takes me to this . . . . AGAIN . . . . What can Athletic Director Greg McGarity hang his hat on if we remain in the same area of 10 or so wins "some years" and do not find our way to the "Final Four". Take that a step further . . . . If the playoff system had been the "Final Eight", would we have been in that group since 2010? Just a thought or two that crosses my mind.

Comments to the article below are not that much different than many internet blogs.

www.dawgnation.com/football/towers-take-...ure-georgia-football

EDIT:
Liked this particular comment a lot . . . .

Matthew Cafaro ยท University of Georgia
Doug, how is it you have so much money when you obviously throw good money after bad without every questioning what's being done with that money? I guess what they say is true, "A fool and his money are easily parted." Greg McGarity relies on fools like you to keep giving regardless of the fact that every single sport under his watch has gotten worse. Every. Single. Sport.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76546 by Buc
Looking over some of the posts on Dawgs.com, several members have said that since the arrival of McGarity, money out of their pockets have ceased. Take that a step further, read similar comments across the UGA Network of blogs.

Simple FACT. Greg McGarity hired Kirby Smart for a reason . . . . $$$,$$$.00

A simple FACT that is known and discussed in the Sunshine State with those I chat with are the smiles on gator faces when McGarity departed. University of Florida's Athletic Director gave McGarity a congratulatory handshake when he left. Foley did not shed a tear when sending McGarity to Mahogany Row. FACT.

More to UGA Football and overall athletics than the media is willing to discuss openly. Say again . . . . Why did Foley not "recommend" McGarity for the open slot in gator athletics? Simple question, simple answer. Many are beginning to look closer at another mistake by those above the "playing field". Take care of those that allow themselves to be "used". We have a "classic example".

Greg McGarity is on his knees hoping that Kirby Smart pulls off a miracle. Our program, UGA Football, Cash Cow, Golden Goose and Egg lacks "leadership". Also, we do not catch up with Saban and meyer in two years. We have been "without" a "base" for 15 years or so. Say another time . . . . since 2010 what has been accomplished? Just asking . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago #76547 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic A Second UGA Thought . . . .
Setting football aside......Scrooge hasn't hired a winning HC in baseball or gymnastics.... in several try's.....

Scrooge is the face of the problem...... feel fairly confident that when Scrooge is shown the door

Next AD will be Scrooge v2.0..... big raise in empty seats or a large drop in season ticket sales

just maybe what we need for a total renovation of the Row.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
6 years 9 months ago #76548 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Setting football aside......Scrooge hasn't hired a winning HC in baseball or gymnastics.... in several try's.....

Scrooge is the face of the problem...... feel fairly confident that when Scrooge is shown the door

Next AD will be Scrooge v2.0..... big raise in empty seats or a large drop in season ticket sales

just maybe what we need for a total renovation of the Row.....

yankeedawg1, so appreciate the post above.

McGarity thinks he is playing with a "full house" . . . . problem is he does not understand a "Royal Flush".

McGarity is on board for this reason . . . . he has a degree, his degree is actually in "Good Old Boys".

Football did not change with "color" it changed with "know how".

If there is a better way to look at the past and figure out what could and should be done . . . . Check our scholarships in the Football Program. Same applies to those that "supposedly" understand how to run our program . . . . needs a "serious overhaul".

Start with Athletic Director Greg McGarity. Again . . . . explain to me why our(?) AD can "pull down" over 1/2 million dollars a year.

More than willing to "face off" (not ice hockey) with an argument that explains our AD and his value to the University of Georgia Sports Program. My side of the "face off" is looking closely at the history of UGA Athletics.

Start with this . . . . Mark Richt had 15 years. VD had much more than that. VD, one Natty. MR, zero. Question(s) arise again . . . . what is the reason that Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia Tech have Natty's?

University of Georgia sitting on a "hot bed" of "talent" year after year. WTF am I missing? Think about this, I do often . . . . "ON FIELD TALENT OR COACHING TALENT". What is missing?

I never forget friends and members . . . . Florida State University pulls as many "star" athletes from Georgia as they do from Florida (close). What stops that? . . . . . COACHING. Saban proved that when leaving the NFL Dolphins that he could return to SEC Football and WIN. Some take shots at Nick Saban and his time in Miami, bet this . . . . LOOK AT HIS/ALABAMA'S TROPHY DISPLAYS. For those still carrying their "spit" on their sleeves for Mark Richt . . . . Richt has accomplished more at the "U" in two years than he did in 15 years in Athens. Disagree? Step up, this is a board that "welcomes" thoughtful conversation. Me thinks.

Good Day :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds