Forum

A Second UGA Thought . . . .

6 years 10 months ago #76549 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Second UGA Thought . . . .

yankeedawg1 wrote: Setting football aside......Scrooge hasn't hired a winning HC in baseball or gymnastics.... in several try's.....

Scrooge is the face of the problem...... feel fairly confident that when Scrooge is shown the door

Next AD will be Scrooge v2.0..... big raise in empty seats or a large drop in season ticket sales

just maybe what we need for a total renovation of the Row.....

Quoting your post again yankeedawg1 . . . . Article below shows the depth of the word that was used on this board sometime back, extensively . . . . . STOOPID.

McGarity hoping against hope that KIrby Smart has an outstanding season coaching football. Bean counter has his bankroll neatly put aside . . . . at some point those above him will see their names in print, then the cya comes into play. Truly, do not understand the reasoning behind hiring McGarity, other than a foot soldier for Mahogany Row. Never reached the top at Florida, check what the gators have done compared to McGarity's "lack of leadership" since his arrival in Athens.

www.dawgnation.com/football/greg-mcgarit...ectations-uga-sports
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 10 months ago #76550 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Second UGA Thought . . . .
Allow me this . . . .

Mentioned above that McGarity is hoping against hope that Kirby Smart succeeds.

I do also. We are in agreement in that area of UGA Football.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 10 months ago #76551 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic A Second UGA Thought . . . .
By no means a defense of the lack of success by Scrooge......he is still here because his bosses

Want him..... much like CMR it was something more than Scrooge's ride back from Atlanta on

316 that led to us gaining a new HC for our football program.......I also believe that Scrooge was

Not the point person on the coaching search that led to CKS..... his puppet strings led to

several unknown puppeteers....... possibilities point to Prez as one candidate....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
6 years 10 months ago #76569 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic A Second UGA Thought . . . .
At the end of last season I asked the question "Can Kirby Coach." The first year always comes with a get out of jail free card, but now the rubber hits the road. But we've been here before, haven't we. Loaded with talent and expectations, a somewhat favorable schedule, or at least a good argument that where we'll be ranked is correct. But, as this thread states, and as every season for as long as I can remember hinged, coaching is the key. There is really no reason for this not to be a 10...11 win season. But, if it isn't, it sure as hell won't be for a lack of talent.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds