Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 1 month ago #76375 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
I am firmly convinced that Kirby is completely lost on the offensive side of the ball just by his statements to the press. Like he does not know where Mecole Hardman is going to play, or who his QB is, or playing OL because they have been here longer.

I am afraid we are in big trouble on that side of the ball again this year. Kirby does not have a clue and has the wrong person as his OC, and a guard playing left tackle once again.

Mecole Hardman needs to get the ball and play on the O side. Eason is the QB, and play your best players on the OL. I do not believe for one minute that he has any idea of what he wants to get done on the O side.

Keep believing and drinking the Kool aide but I refuse to, because of what he is saying to the press, who he holds in contempt.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #76376 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
For what this is worth . . . .

Might be that we are seeing some of our "past" being reflected.

Mark Richt never in my way of thinking had a grip on defensive football. Meaning coaching. Offensively a defense can be attacked by someone that coaches the offense exclusively.

If Kirby Smart can continue to recruit anywhere close to the pace he has at this point, I would/will consider that a plus.

Would venture to say that many of the coaches at big time programs have success not being fully on board, understanding both sides of the ball, can/could name some of them that have been very successful and still are, not talking necessarily in the past tense.

From where I sit, do see depth being built. That has been a huge failure over the past 10 or so years. Some good and great players yes . . . . depth, would gladly discuss that area of UGA Football.

Whether Kirby Smart can take us further than we have been in the past x number of years, don't know. Like his backbone when it comes to the media. Reminds me a bit of some changes in D.C.

Bet this . . . . Coaches either get their job done the way Kirby Smart wants it, or . . . . That is why he is being paid the big bucks. Offensive coordinator does not get the program at a much higher level in 2017, might find that someone will be in line to step up. I have said and will suggest again, James Coley, all about opening up the offensive side of the ball, part of his FSU background. Have also stated that there will be another change or two to this staff. Won't be Kirby Smart, but Kirby knows exactly what the FANS want, and for that matter, the media too.

Many are drinking the Kool-Aid, I am also, to a point. Never met a coach or business person yet that had all of the answers.

I remain one that believes the next year or two (record wise) is going to reflect on what Coach Sam Pittman can and will do with the offensive line. Give Eason another second in the pocket, or make the hole(s) for our running backs a "foot" wider. Sometimes a season comes down to inches not feet.

Good post ogredawg, gets my juices flowing. Point/Counter Point is a hell of a lot better than some of the "stuff" that has been force fed to Georgia Football Fans that date back further than Mark Richt and some before him. Change was needed, 15 or so years proved that to be a needed move.

Since Coach Jeremy Pruitt arrived in Athens and departed, this old dawg has witnessed more change than the previous 50 or so years, just pulling a number out of the air.

Again, good post, and I know where your heart is. As you have said, if it works you will be the first to say so . . . . I have no doubts that is truthful. If it does not work, I will be if not the first, close to that number looking for "something".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 1 month ago #76377 by ogredawg
I firmly believe that Kirby is in total control, after all his mentor is in total control at Bama. The O showed that last year. I place more blame on Kirby than I do Chaney, but like I said Chaney is the wrong choice. Pittman can recommend who should play on the OL but really Bynum at RT, that is an inexperienced HC call, I would hardly believe he is Pittmans first choice, not a knock on Bynum but he was under sized when he played at Valwood.

As for Hardman he needs more touches than just kick offs, depth that we have at DB now and with the class coming in, Hardman needs to be the go to guy for Eason at WR. I just cannot see it any other way if this O is going to produce.

thecountrynation.com

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76378 by Buc
Going to try and walk "lightly" with this comment.

Over many years, I can personally speak for the past five or so, there are players issued scholarships with Mahogany Row's backing . . . . Why? Big money always grabs a few scholarships that keep the "Big Donors" interested in shelling out. Look along the sidelines year after year . . . . check the uniforms when the game is over, look as if they just came from the cleaners. Just another way of not "shaking hands" as was done in past years, all angles have been reviewed and approved. Different ways of getting past the NCAA and the stupidity that exists with that group.

College football is and has been a "Pay for Play" sport for many years, and the game has gotten away with this way of "money management".

X number of scholarships each year.

Have posted about this subject on different occasions, too many want to believe the game of college football is "pure as the driven snow".

How many young folks leaving state high schools and entering IMG in Bradenton, Florida to play football? Money has nothing to do with that, right? Check IMG's roster, just how many receive D1 scholarships each year?

Greg McGarity survives because his time is spent as a "money raiser" . . . . pleases Mahogany Row. Front man.

Anyone paying attention to the "release of funds" by Mahogany Row since Kirby Smart's arrival?

Yes orgredawg, Nick Saban controls funds and how they are used in Tuscaloosa. Yes, Kirby Smart was close to football success for many years under Saban.

Comes down to winning football games and reaching the Final Four at this point.

Above all of this . . . . M&M, the same group that raped the SEC. They are very good at what they do, best ever when it comes to "control". Control is the name of the game in college football, don't think so, ask the Alabama Fans.

Aware of any high school program than can compete with this . . . .
www.imgacademy.com/sports/football
www.imgacademy.com/media/video/facility-tour
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 1 month ago #76379 by ogredawg
We will not go to the final 4 or a New Years 6 bowl when you have guards playing tackle and no go to pitch and catch wide recievers. Don't care how much $$$$$$ a program has.......or 5 stars you sign........

thecountrynation.com

More
7 years 1 month ago #76380 by Buc
Quote from Nick Saban . . . .

"Most of the players who go to IMG Academy we're already recruiting. They do a great job with player development."

- Nick Saban

University of Alabama head football coach, during 2016 SEC media day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds