Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 3 weeks ago #76369 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

The more things change……the more they seem to be the same….

I want you to think about Keith Marshall for a second…

Now fast forward to the past week when we hear that there is a plan underway to use…… wait…. NC and SM more in our passing game…

Looking back it seemed that every week here at dawg,com we pleaded to line KM up in the slot….. get him the ball in space…..yada yada… same exact words now being used with our current RB’s

I still remember KM catching a back shoulder fade from AM for a TD in our bowl win over Nebraska …. Again fast forward to this past bowl against TCU..

Yup….. sideline pass to SM… for a TD…… rocket science …. For the record this is with two different HC’s and OC’s…..

I can only hope it is has more meaning and happens with somewhat more frequency… ditto use of tight ends…..

Much concern about JE throwing the ball with the needed accuracy..

My concern…… who will step up and be a play maker receiver???

Working MH at receiver this spring…. Major opportunity for CW......I am hoping that help will arrive in July…and that Ridley heals and grows up….

Talk coming from the heads….CJP will get a HC job in 2018…… I can see that happening….

Pause and give thanks…

Have a great weekend and a safe week….

High 80’s in the Classic City this weekend….. Thrill of the grill time .....Growl.. you in ?? cold brew works also…. Several in fact…..

As Always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #76370 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
More than just "tweaks" are needed from Chaney. IMHO it is just lip service until I actually see it on the field. Seems like we will once again have a guard playing left tackle.....sigh

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #76371 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts

ogredawg wrote: More than just "tweaks" are needed from Chaney. IMHO it is just lip service until I actually see it on the field. Seems like we will once again have a guard playing left tackle.....sigh

Cannot disagree.

Will say this . . . . hope that future offensive linemen give what #77 has given since he arrived in Athens.

Offensive line is "open" for anyone on campus that wants to play on Saturdays.

A bit dumbfounded when looking at some of the players in their second and third year on campus . . . . for sure Coach Sam Pittman was "needed".

One or two more "changes" in the coaching staff and maybe the Red and Black will be coached up to SEC standards . . . . standards like Alabama, guess that is the team "all" in the SEC are "chasing".

If Chaney cannot get production out of this group of offensive players, Kirby will hear about that post haste.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #76372 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Make my RC cola and moon pie bet.... OL playing in G game will not be the same as we open SEC

Play this fall...... Sam is working his process.... Ben Jones didn't fit your prototype center..

However Super Bowl ring tends to make for a different view......

Go Dawgs......

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #76373 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Long overdue, priority on the offensive line . . . . Lifted the information below from 24/7.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Georgia has added a new coach to its strength staff. Dawgs247 has learned that the Bulldogs hired Jamil Walker away from Wisconsin this week to join head strength coach Scott Sinclair and assistant strength coach Ed Ellis.

Walker has been an assistant on Wisconsin's strength and conditioning staff since 2009. He graduated from the university in 2008 and was a part of the Badgers' most successful senior class in school history with a record of 40-11. After spending one season as an intern.

During his time in Madison Walker was a part of a staff that developed J.J. Watt and Melvin Gordon into first-round draft picks and NFL standouts. He also helped develop three other first-round talents for the Badgers, all of whom are offensive linemen in Kevin Zeitler, Travis Frederick, and Gabe Carimi.

www.uwbadgers.com/staff.aspx?staff=334
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #76374 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Thanks for your update Buc...... example of HC's. .....process...... he has a tick list in his head...

of what he wants to get done....don't think this was a knee jerk hire....he culls until he finds what

he needs to make improvements...... didn't hear a peep from Scrooge......other than his silent

blessings...... spot on with your observation....Scrooge has hooked his wagon to Kirby.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds