Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 1 month ago #76355 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Many of us talk about "game plans" during the season. Not a doubt in my mind that Coach Smart laid out his game plan soon after returning to Athens. New and remaining coaches have their plusses, still have to have a plan to follow as closely as possible. Kirby is not going to allow the media, coaches, players, FANS or those above him to fall short on expectations that he believes are needed to improve the "Golden Goose". Smart asked the FANS to turn out for the G Day Game in 2016, FANS did just that. Kirby understands what "has" to be done with the football program. If he falls short, it will not be because he is sitting or sat behind a desk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #76356 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
You give me the responsibility to make improvements.....I need the authority to make the changes I feel necessary to make those improvements.....

Go Dawgs...... enjoy your Bloody Mary's Buc......

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago #76357 by Buc
Spot on FRIEND!
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 1 month ago #76358 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
I see Kirby as a man of action. Leading by example. Get 'er done guy.

This is his moment in history and he plans on making it work.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

7 years 1 month ago #76362 by Buc
Read the article below a couple of times.

www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/ge...ense-jim-chaney#free

From where I sit . . . .

One thing that changes the direction of our football program is . . . . the offensive line.

Don't agree? Agree?

Another statement(s)/post(s) that ogredawg has made . . . .

Reading some of his comments, member has been straight forward and on target, including what is being published or repeated in the media.

Straighten out the "issues" on the offensive line, many things will change when the season starts and ends.

Our defense is "loaded" with "athletes". Using the term "athletes" comes down to this . . . . so many of these commits and those on campus can play "football" at more than one position, and they are "football SEC knowledgable".

If I had to hang my hat on one portion of our team, for damn sure it would be the offensive line. If the offensive line works, UGA Football makes that "step forward" that has been missing for . . . . "ever".

Before the end and after the 2017 Season is over, for damn sure all of us will know a lot more about Coach Sam Pittman. All of us know there are some "troops" on the way. I am one of those that believe we have some "troops" on campus and "they" know what playing on Saturday means. Offensive line competition has never been as "focused" as it is now on improvement.

Coaching is just as important as the STAR STATUS. High school BMOC can and do win "matchups" with lesser talent. D1 Football is a "bit different". Easy enough for me and others to "prove" that statement with some of our current players and those that left for "Louisville". Sorry, had to do that.

This old dawg really appreciates young men like Michel and Chubb. They understand, as do "we". Would like to see Carter "grow up". Have watched this talented young man not understand "team play". Maybe the 2017 Season. Crossed fingers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
7 years 1 month ago #76363 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
See opportunity for several players to move from Me to We thinking.......starting with # 7...

Go Dawg

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds