Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #76341 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Good read. Much of what is mentioned in the article below align with what has been said about the Kirby Smart on Dawgs.com.

One particular paragraph points out that great recruiting is followed by great coaching. ogredawg mentioned that soon after the head coaching change. Apparently the author of the article below and others agree at this point in time.

I am still one of those that understands/believes that the East Side of the SEC is going to change quickly, not only at UGA, the entire East side of the conference. So many good players and, all of them cannot attend one university.

Coach'em Up!! Talent level has improved in the first two years under new leadership, strong on field coaching is now not only expected, it is demanded.

Pulled from the article below . . . .

Smart’s window for accomplishing this is still very much open, but it’s closing quickly. The Georgia coach has secured two very good recruiting classes, but that must translate to the field. A message about building the next dynasty only works until the on-field product proves otherwise.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-footba...eorgia-needs-to-win/
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #76342 by Buc
Video below tries to give an overall view . . . . I think.

Listening to the young journalist student, notice she referred to "older folks/FANS. Also listening to the young lady, when reporting might be best not to leave a "false" impression. Mark Richt did not win 10 games every year. With the talent base that he had should have won more than 10 games several times. Will be interesting reading Richardson's follow ups . . . . good luck, report factually. Mark Rogers should know better than to exaggerate, and he did. M&M, they are everywhere.

www.bulldawgillustrated.com/savannah-ric...smarts-first-season/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #76343 by Buc
Took some time to read this piece by Emerson again.

Posted some of my thoughts about this article short time back on this board/site. Good article, Seth is very talented, one of the folks that I hope continues to cover UGA Football. Hard to be 100% all of the time but, Emerson is a very talented young man and I like to think that he does not always put the final headline in place at the end of his work. That often belongs to those that work for the right to gather "clicks". That is not being ugly, simple truth.

Believe when the 2016 Season wrapped up, Coach Smart knew there was more to be done. Will never know how the "compromise" came about. From where I sit, hoping that Coach Chaney and Kirby had a sit down and it was evident that some changes not only needed to be done, had to be fixed and, the fix would not be postponed.

Too much talent in Athens for the Red and Black not meeting "certain goals" in the second year of Kirby Smart's "rule". When I use the word "rule", needed, some of the older folks understand "leadership", not avoiding stepping on toes. The "dance" has changed in the Classic City. No longer is the "jitterbug" the face of football in Athens.

As far as the "dollars and cents" . . . . not an issue. I know this, something needed to change in the TEN WIN SEASONS as some like to "chirp" about but, I look at the "losses" and prior to Smart and Company we were not a stable program. Top programs were kicking our butts. Just one old fart's thoughts.

www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/ge...-voice-discount#free
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #76344 by Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds