Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 1 month ago #76335 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Interesting week…… it seemed that Bill King’s article about the state of Sanford’s bathrooms had been pushed into a deep corner to be forgotten….. however, it now has become part of a bigger picture…. The discontent about the overall fan experience …..

The heads at the AJC and elsewhere have picked up the torch to champion the campaign for a major renovation to Sanford….

It’s been correctly noted here that our AD is lost….make that hopelessly lost….. totally clueless….

He has been in the spotlight trying to explain how there could be such a large disconnects between the fans expectations for game day at Sanford and what the athletic department delivers…and how lacking that high priced product is….

He comes with…. Well we are all chasing Alabama ….. Georgia is not at the top but it’s also not at the bottom….. of the SEC…. compare us to anyone but Alabama….. duh……

Sounds like a very feeble excuse…. When you look at the strength of our fund resources….

IMO we are seeing a dynamic switch… in the past we did the least we could get by with while charging the most possible to the fan base…

The example of the new IPF getting done..like now…after years of dancing around the issue… shows this shift in action not excuses…..

Interesting that the facility actions taken by Alabama has caused the rest of college football to take notice and play catch up….

My spin on Scrooge is he is exactly what his bosses want in an AD…. He is paid well to wear the clown suit…. And provide cover for the Row…

It will be very interesting in the coming months how this all spins out..

Is there a white knight on horseback waiting to ride in and save the day???

No going back…… my bet is….. we will soon hear another announcement… about plan to renovate Sanford…. With bathrooms and fan experience at the front of planned improvements …

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week….

As always…… “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago #76336 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Appears to me that Kirby Smart now has his feet firmly planted in Athens.

Top names in high school football are doing more than giving “lip service” to the State University (UGA). Like saying that. :)

Cannot remember in the past 15 years or so when folks like myself were looking out two, three years and making serious moves to keep the talent in state. There was a lot of “chirping” about sealing the borders a few years back, that was just that “chirping”.

Single biggest issue for many football teams, meaning NFL or college is getting the players to “buy” into the “process”. Like the “process” word or not, it has worked well for the folks in Tuscaloosa and will continue to do so.

Not a doubt in my mind that Smart and Company have sent a message to every team in the SEC. Smart and Company are not “chirping” they are “producing”.

2017 Season will be the next step in making sure even more “outsiders” are getting the message . . . . Changes have been made and more changes to come in the Classic City. Personally believe that 2017 Season sets the stage for Georgia Football for years to come. Also believe that the new additions to the roster are serious when they mention the different goals they expect to reach.

Still comes down to this . . . . quoting ogredawg again (paraphrasing). All the talent in the world does not reach those lofty goals without a staff that can put them into a position to fulfill not only their words, their dreams.

Kirby is no fool, he has a plan and . . . . FANS want to see more of what he has accomplished thus far and of course in the future.

Coach’em Up definitely has meaning.

PROOF . . . . Nick Chubb on "Spring Break" . . . . ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76337 by Buc
In the video above with Nick, one thing, or one of the things that really got/get my attention was/is . . . . all that weight on the bar and watching his knee(s). From where I sit, knees are "zero" problems. Nick Chubb is BACK in more ways than one.

Nick's personal life along with his future career in "whatever" he chooses, not just football, Nick is at this point my favorite player wearing the Red and Black, ever . . . . on the field and off.

Nick's running mate, Sony Michel is another young man that I have very strong feelings about.

Some of us refer to the above as . . . . "Leadership". Strong, silent type . . . . I am not privy to the locker room, but I do recognize "outstanding" young men when I have had the time to observe. What better group of two to follow?

As a Freshman . . . . .

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 1 month ago #76338 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
. Buc as you and Growl ....say.... Nick has all his hatches dogged down and water tight..

One of the biggest differences I see going into 2017 is we have quality depth at the leadership

Position....... nobody can tell NC anything about adversity....every challenge he has faced it down with unyielding determination....

NC will never be outworked at any assignment given to him n life.

He and several of his teammates will set our new pups straight from day one....

Seniors call back for one reason.... business....unfinished business..... posted many times

You what the conversation to change.....only one way.... do it on the field...called winning...

Truly believe we have both players and coaches that understand the meaning of those words...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76339 by Buc
yankeedawg1, one thing that is impressing me with the coaching change is . . . . Recruiting "both" sides of the ball. That was never understood by the previous head coach. Believe he put the pounds on and allowed his coaches to run in different directions. Believe that to be a true statement when reviewing recruiting under the other folks. I am a believer in one for one. Offensive get, defensive get. Simple "process". Can change on occasion. We as UGA FANS . . . . I believe many have hoped for retooling from top to bottom. Believe we got "some" of that. Couple of changes on the coaching staff, to be expected. This is Kirby Smart's "show". Kirby "understands" that. Believe we might lose one more coach, very good coach, have this feeling that Alabama is calling. Nick Saban is more than aware of Kirby Smart.

2017 is expected to be a "turn around year" for the Red and Black. Looking the schedule over, easy to feel good about our "chances". Add this . . . . there was a "reason" that Kirby Smart added another offensive "support" person to the staff . . . . limitations on what the new coach can and can not do, but the "direction" of the change makes damn good sense.

:whistle: ;) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 1 month ago #76340 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Much discussion on this board how we use to use the shotgun approach in our recruiting....

Not so with our HC and staff....focused and results driven.....fact... spot on with your

Observation that CNS knows Kirby and just what's taking place in Athens.... he is happy that

Georgia is on the Eastside of the SEC......

Those who early enrolled will have a head start over those arriving in July...

Hearing that JE has....shall we say applied himself this off season.... said it before....Jake is

Good to be pushing JE....makes both better..... spring ball. Year two..... bet the troops will come

Out if the gate....fast and hungry.....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds