Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 1 month ago #76290 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Interesting read and listen . . . .

A short time back the question was asked on Dawgs.com whether or not there would be any "changes" in the coaching staff. Not a lot of "traffic" on the subject, however it appears that important coaching changes have come to the forefront recently.

Found it interesting reading the comments to the link below. Also find it interesting that the comments seem to align closely.

Hard to disagree with those saying it appears that Georgia has the strength of players rated higher in football skills than most or all teams on the East Side of the SEC.

Believe most of us know where our strengths and weaknesses are. Has been mentioned here many times, it now comes down to those with the "whistles" around their necks at practice to move this talented group of players out of the areas that we were mired in for too long.

I doubt that the new hiring (offensive coach) had anything more to do than relieving the pressure that now faces Coach Jim Chaney. Georgia can and will play solid defensive football. Then looking at those returning to the offensive side of the ball, too much talent to give "anyone a pass", speaking to coaching.

When I read many sites and come away with what so many of the young players have to say about playing in the NFL, still want to say to many of these young folks . . . . get your education, those in the NFL (owners) can and do "pick and choose", that alone leaves many "talented" young men on the sidelines, young men that had the talent to play in the "League", did not however matter to those that run their "business" their way.

www.dawgnation.com/football/national-col...-next-year-hes-clown
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #76291 by Buc
Not sure how others feel about Trent Thompson at this time, reading a lot of comments. For some reason I do not believe that Trent will wear the Red and Black again. Based on nothing more than Trent's personal feelings for Coach Rocker. Physical hurts are one thing, mental is much different. For all involved, meaning "family" I hope that the outcome works in Trent's favor.

More
7 years 1 month ago #76292 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Buc...there is more not known about the Trent Thompson issue than is known...

First off prayers for his full and speedy recovery....do know he had several shoulder surgeries and

was in need of additional surgery to cleanup issues from high school.....

No question Coach Rock was his security lifeline while at Georgia...... also know it is Coach Rock's

story to tell as to why he is no longer here.... Trent still had medical issues with or without CTR..

Young man needs a world of support.... beyond football.... I feel more will be forth coming...

CKS. will weigh in when the time is right..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago #76302 by Buc
^ ^ ^ ^ yankeedawg1, good post, from where I sit.

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds