Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76284 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

On several occasions I have posted that I would not trade our problems or challenges for anyone else’s in college football.

The ongoing NCAA mess with the Ole Miss program is an example.

As Wart in an earlier post pointed out he pegged that long before it ever bloomed in the mess it has become….

I can remember some posted here about how we lost out on some big time recruits…yada yada..

And that how we wished for a HC like Hugh Freeze…..

Sorry ..fast forward to February 2017…much happier with where we are in Athens than in Oxford….. no question….

IMHO….. our former HC … had ideas that it was best for us to walk away from all the deal making and extra baggage that was being demanded. A very good thing…

Two points….. we don’t know what we don’t know… and give enough time things have a way of working themselves out…

I am truly sorry for those who committed to play for Ole Miss and now have to deal with this problem hanging over their college career..sad

May explain why our new DLC came to Athens just after six weeks in Oxford……hmmmm… he learned that the inside of the apple was less than what was visible…….. on the outside…..

Been thinking about how we have several of our new recruits who promote our program to others in an effort to persuade then to commit to Georgia….. a very good thing….. don’t remember that prior to CKS… at least not to the degree we are seeing it
currently…. Good news it is continuing with the 2018 class…… like it a lot….

Been noted here that spring ball in year two….. it will be competitive for every position on the team…. Working the process…

Thoughts and prayers going out to Trent Thompson and his family..
Wishing the best and for a speedy recovery….

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago #76285 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Yeah... I wouldn't trade positions either... about all I want to trade is OC's... with anyone, but we're accumulating so much talent we might be able to telegraph our vanilla and be successful.

Anyway... don't want to beat that dead horse any more.

Ole Miss... just too close here with the Grayson program and had some early inside skinny on Nkimdeche.. too much smoke not to be fire. Lot's of things known by some folk around here about him and some other recruits. Seems people getting a "deal" like to talk about it, and I'll leave it at that.

Anyway... better them than us. To do things right, you often have to take the harder road, but you can be damn proud when you get there... and what you build will last.

Go Dawgs..

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 1 month ago #76286 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Coincidence? Kirby's eyes are on "everything".

Also . . . . Just as Jeremy Pruitt said openly . . . . No reason for Georgia not to have a Indoor Practice Facility.

We should pay closer attention to our athletic director . . . . maybe? More to football than McGarity understands, no doubt.

Video below mentions just how much the IPF means to quarterback Jacob Eason and 7 on 7's. So, the IPF is definitely producing results in high school players wanting to "take a look" at the facility.

Conversation recently has focused a lot on our offensive coordinator, same or maybe more attention should be paid to the athletic director.

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/UGA-adds-form...nsive-staff-51451198

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76287 by Buc
Closer look.

More
7 years 1 month ago #76288 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
IMHO... what we seen here is a embedded OC as insurance to having to make a move with CJC..... another set of skilled eyes

another example of lessons learned.. CNS had a backup plan for Lame's departing.... just wasn't the right guy.....

Bet this that our HC does nothing without reason or thought...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago #76289 by Buc
More to this than I will post. There is some "history" among coaches. Will say this . . . . believe that Coach Chaney was heavily involved in this hiring decision. That does not mean that Kirby does not have a "system", he does.

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds