Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 2 months ago #76282 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Wart...Remember well your warnings about the stuff that was going on behind the curtain at Ole Miss..

Amazing that even with all the garbage....never made it too Atlanta...... also remember the tears

We shed after we lost out on recruiting those players......hmmmmm

Stay well..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76283 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Question was, "What happened at Clemson?"

ANSWER: Dabo Swinney.....and his management / leadership style. The genius of Dat Boy is that he knows what he doesn't know; therefore, he hires the best assistant coaches and he coaches the coaches on how to reach the players.

This leads to my observation of the 2016 football season. I believe there was more than enough talent to do better than 8-5. The strategy and coaching was lacking. I've heard some say that last year was a throwaway year...... To those that struggle to pay the $2500-3000 each year to have season tickets, there's no such thing. We went exclusively to Eason too early, there were too many square peg / round hole moments, too much simplistic strategy - 2 runs, a pass, and punt. From 10-3 to 8-5 was a huge disappointment to many.

All of which leads back to the question of 'What happened at Clemson?' Hopefully, others will be asking, "What happened in Athens?" It will be coaching that puts us over the top...... Georgia can attract the talent. The coaches must develop and properly use that talent. That's the Saban Way, that's the Dabo Way, and it must be Kirby's Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.023 seconds