Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 2 months ago #76166 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts

Buc wrote: The beat continues . . . . Kirby understands how to "work the numbers" . . . . refreshing. Welcome Kolby.

www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/c...ent-kolby-wyatt#free

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #76167 by Buc
WoodstockDawg good to see your return. Your insight was always a good read. :)

More
7 years 2 months ago #76168 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
CKS... has added several preferred walk ons. As you noted Buc. Competition for all positions

Bet a sausage biscuit that CKS will find a kicker who can put the kickoff through the end zone

For a touchback..... guaranteed.....

Folks burning midnight oil at the BM building....last push for Wednesday.... Love it.

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76169 by Buc
yd1, feel too often we were swept off of our feet through different channels of the media. Of course that falls on us, the believers.

Whether or not Smart and Company turn out to be the needed coaches in Athens, one thing for sure, building the base since the arrival of Kirby has changed and will continue to take on a new look.

Trace the footsteps of Dawgs.com back several years . . . . sometime around 2010 the word "Depth" began to show up more frequently in the posts being made here.

Might take until 2019 as some of the young men that will be recruited then have said. End of 2016, all of 2017, 2018 and 2019 recruiting looks very promising.

Would like nothing better than to be a "tough out" in 2017. Chances are good, do believe that much of 2017 will be developing the offensive line. Could produce results quickly, however I don't fool myself when I look at some of the programs surrounding us that are also doing very well recruiting talented players.

Soon we will be faced with questions about coaching results, happens often, not in Athens alone, everywhere.

Clemson made back to back appearances in the National Championship Game. Who would have predicted that two or three years back? Will Clemson make the Final Four again? What about Alabama? I believe that Southern California will make the Final Four, leaves room for three more in 2017. B1G is making a lot of noise, several of those teams are also building depth.

Love College Football. Proving ground for the NFL. That is changing also . . . . me thinks. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 2 months ago #76170 by Buc
Good read, don't often step out too far on recruits . . . . however . . . . This is the kind of material that I enjoy reading and . . . . believe.

Been around Athens and Georgia Football a lot longer than posting on Dawgs.com.

I love the Classic City, Georgia Football unquestioned and Dawgs.com.

Nolan Smith is enrolled at IMG and that ain't small potatoes. When he leaves Bradenton, Florida on his way to Athens, Georgia, there will be many coaches that could only hope to have a young man like this.

IMG should not be allowed to play high school football in my opinion . . . . Why? IMG is one half step short of having all of the "stuff" that many D1 Schools have. FACT. Truth is, IMG surpasses many D1 Schools in anything pertaining to being prepped for football at the next level, and EDUCATION, that is demanded. Definitely above lower levels that compete in football. Will be interesting to look back when Nolan Smith enters the SEC. Say that because I do not believe that the SEC is going to rest. SEC likes their status . . . . as does M&M, had to say that.

Dawgs.com went into details about M&M and IMG some years back . . . . remember?

www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/g...fusion-decision#free

Reminds me of . . . . SIR RICHARD :)

Process, eh . . . . :whistle: :woohoo:

247sports.com/player/richard-lecounte-iii-35122
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 2 months ago #76173 by Buc
If we believe in the "media star ratings" . . . .

Comparison between UGA and UF this recruiting season (2017) shows the value of Smart and Company.

florida.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits

georgia.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits

Much was said about Muschamp, myself being one that did not like his way of addressing UGA when he was named head coach for the gators. Will say this . . . . their defense which has landed them in the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta were players that Muschamp recruited and landed while in Gainesville. Some questions are beginning to surface in the Sunshine State about the current head coach.

A lot of competition in Florida for a bevy of top high school players. Leads me to this . . . . Smart and Company have done a great job in a short period of time addressing the talent that plays in Georgia, remains in Georgia. 2018 looking very good for UGA Football, and 2019 the same.

My question used to by . . . . why?

Question answered . . . . Kirby expects no more from anyone on his staff than he is willing to do himself. Smart and Company will not get every player, but indications are that "many" will find their way to Athens for a long time to come.

Going to say it . . . . The talent level in Athens for football in 2017 will excite, not disappoint.

Tomorrow 2/1/2017 we will know a lot more about the efforts of Smart and Company. Win some, lose some, overall the "base" has been built, the future . . . . stacking the blocks.

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds