Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 2 months ago #76136 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

It is Thursday night and I am enjoying a cup of dark roast coffee at Jittery Joe’s… Athens eastside location.

Field research……

Another spring like day here in Athens…the rain moves in late Friday and looks like a wet weekend.

Over the past year I have posted about how the conversation by the locals has changed….more people were speaking out about what was happening with our football program…. There were still frustration with the continued mistakes that we felt would be fixed with a new HC….

A year later and in the home stretch for his first full recruiting class…our HC and his staff have raised the recruiting standard for Georgia.

IMHO the common denominator for all sicem-17 recruits is they all want to be here. They want to wear the R & B ….. it is the first choice for their college careers…..

What was learned is that much more goes into a winning program than naming a new HC….Both players and fans were introduced to a culture change and how it fits into a process designed by CKS….

Just like folks who never spoke out during the season…the same interest and conversation level is taking place about our recruiting success …… Buzz..x2

As I noted I was writing this from a coffee shop…. Less than five minutes and a conversation between me and 3 strangers started over our recruiting…

And how our early enrollees will contribute in 2017…. Agreement that we all like the focus on building depth……

Again to acknowledge the work and effort that our coaching staff has put forth selling the future of Georgia football…

We all wanted for us to be like Bama… well in one full season student came in second to the Boss……

Yes….need to get them signed ..in class…. And on the field contributing

As was posted here last week…… need to have the horses……. Truth…

NSD…. Less than two weeks away…surprises…both good and bad to follow….. bet more good than bad…… really want a WR or two….

Pause and give thanks…

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

Go Dawgs and Birds……..send the Dome out a winner…….

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #76142 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Might be moving over ground already covered . . . . Makes no difference.

Yd1, pleased to hear you say that folks in Athens sitting over coffee and discussing UGA Football and you are there. Many outside of Athens are doing the same, just not in the Classic City or Athens, Georgia.

Reading as much as I do, one would think that UGA is now ready to play for the National Championship. There are “some” that understand the need that this group of coaches have done on the recruiting trail . . . . does not promise a “damn thing”.

Alabama had a “load” of 5 Star athletes participating in the last “Natty”. Alabama has had a “load” of 5 Star athletes for several years. Have read and heard and participated in conversations about “why” Alabama finished “second”. Greatest defensive line in college sports, ever. Greatest offensive line in the SEC and maybe college football in 2016.

WTF happened?

Taking note of “dual quarterbacks” winning often, and looking at the Tide’s change at the quarterback position, not just starting a freshman quarterback, having signed “another” quarterback that does not “stand” in the pocket.

Remembering well the “chatter” on this board about recruiting pro style quarterbacks, years back.

So . . . . what is being “chirped” about the #1, 5 Star Quarterback coming to UGA from Washington State?

How the heck is “any” quarterback going to be spectacular in the SEC with the “missing parts”?

Need to go further, or . . . . what?

In my mind it comes down to what AM did while in Athens, leave campus and get “quality coaching”. If that is not a true statement . . . . why did AM leave for “two camps” and piss Richt and Bobo off?

Say again, would love to see a “YOUNG, EXPERIENCED OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN ATHENS".

Recruit all of the best young men in Georgia and elsewhere out of high school . . . . UGA did that for a “portion” of 15 years . . . . where did that get us?

yankeedawg1, totally appreciate your efforts on Dawgs.com and the Military. Change is on the way football is played in Athens, and . . . . with the change in Washington D.C.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 2 months ago #76144 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Spot on Buc..... real change..not just moving the deck chairs... as you noted includes D.C..

Buckle up the chin straps...... Go Dawgs

Thanks for kind words....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76145 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
yd1, you have "earned" everything that is thrown your way my friend.

You mentioned this above in the BPS . . . .

NSD…. Less than two weeks away…surprises…both good and bad to follow….. bet more good than bad…… really want a WR or two….

Has been said on Dawgs.com and other sites that the recruiting thus far for the 2017 Roster has been "thought out" more completely as never before . . . . or it has been a long time since I have seen the "overall" recruits entering Athens City Limits, match up with this 2017 Group . . . . "overall", all positions have been addressed according to need not based necessarily on "media noise". I am also one that believes having a great 2017 recruitment will make it much easier down the road if . . . . we coach them up.

For the many Falcon Fans, this is going to be a huge day for the true fan. If for some reason things do not go well, would advise staying away from the Falcon Board if you don't agree with turncoats and language that should not be permitted. Win and the Super Bowl appearance wipes away much of the past "stuff" that some choose to bellyache about. Many wanted the head coach fired after last season, the quarterback was an awful choice from the beginning . . . . Leaders stepped forward, both coaches and players and all is well in ATL.

I for one believe we (UGA) are in the same mode as the Falcons, building at every position . . . . that includes coaches and players.

Looking forward to LOI Day. Athens will be buzzing (barking) for sure.

:)

More
7 years 2 months ago #76146 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
I'm rooting for the falcons, but don't think they will win.

I've always thought Matt Ryan was a qb I would like on my team. I am a panther fan. Would gladly trade cam for Matt. Would have made the trade last year when we were 15-0. Just had enough cam...

More
7 years 2 months ago #76147 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Agree there is much similarity between the birds and Dawgs....... coaches had to change culture

For both players and fans..... address areas of need for depth and position improvements...

Birds are in a position to rewrite their playoff history.... time too Rise Up....

Sidebar..... not cooking up any new flavor of koolaid. ....many recruiting classes have been a bust

Pro and college....having said that...our incoming class seems as a solid grounded group as you

could ask for... if..... Solomon picks Georgia .... #7 needs to sit him down and explain how being a

Me....guy doesn't work..... Go Falcons....

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds