Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 3 months ago #76120 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

The NC game was the cherry on top of this college season.

Anyone think CKS wouldn’t have taken a ride to Hall County and have had a sit down conversation with Deshaun. Maybe he would have done it a couple times.

All coaches miss players in all sports….however…with his athletic ability he would have been worth taking the chance…. Bottom line his skill set didn’t match what CMR and CMB were looking for in a QB….

Solid kid with a bright future beyond football…..

Much discussion about the Tide…. Should CNS stayed with LK for NCG?

Did the defense miss having CKS ???

It is what it is….. Tide comes back as still the team to beat in the SEC..

No question as a conference we have gotten weaker…. IMHO… it is a
Cycle…. And we will in time regain being the top conference again…
13 other teams trying to get good enough to beat Bama will go a long ways to making that happen.

Enjoyed both Ohio State and Michigan getting butts handed to them in their bowl games by an ACC team… The Big What….??
Just 18 days to NSD…. And the roller coaster ride it brings..

Been reflecting back over this season and think we will have an opportunity in the weeks ahead to rehash what was and what could have been.

Going to hit in mid 70’s today….. Growl…. Grilling time…. Well you are right…anytime is good grilling time…

Pause and give thanks

Have a safe weekend and a great week…..

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76121 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
yankeedawg1 said above in the BPS . . . .

All coaches miss players in all sports….however…with his athletic ability he would have been worth taking the chance…. Bottom line his skill set didn’t match what CMR and CMB were looking for in a QB….

Many high schools have changed the way they run their offenses.

I am one that believes Brice Ramsey and the UGA offense would have been more successful had UGA been more open to running the type offense that Brice ran in high school. Just another case of coaches that do not recognize the "different talents" that these young men have.

Many years ago on this board I suggested that our coaching staff might take a look at running an offense that is not called the Pro Style. There were a couple members that posted it would not be a wise thing to do. One point made was the talented quarterbacks in high school that hope to play in the NFL come to Georgia because we run the Pro Style Offense. I don't disagree with the posts then that mentioned the reasons why, that was the thought process.

Fast forward . . . . Seems many agree, meaning media and blogs that our highly rated quarterback, Jacob Eason had problems reading SEC defenses. At times in the 2016 Season, that was evident. Read a lot of opinions about Jacob Eason and what is expected in 2017. This is not a beat Jacob Eason up post. With the talent that Eason has, that talent does not produce "everything" that FANS are looking for. Jacob in order to "shine" has to have a wall in front of him, allowing him to use the arm that the good Lord gave him. Quite frankly, the missing factor in Georgia Football for years and years, no wall. Jacob Eason has said since the end of the 2016 Season that he is more than capable running with the football. There was a "message" being sent by Jacob to the coaching staff . . . . were they listening . . . . 2017 will answer that question.

National Championship Game just completed. Quarterback play on both sides were not based on Pro Style Offense. Both of these quarterbacks "forced" the defensive coordinators for both teams to coach "differently" because of the way both of these young men played the position.

Playing "Man" is a talent. It is also a guide for quarterbacks that recognize defenses and . . . . tuck and run.

Going to say more, there is more to be said. Coaches this day and time, making the money that they are . . . . would suggest they broaden their horizons. College football just took a giant step forward in 2016/2017 without "labeling" their quarterbacks "Pro Style". While they are capable to sit in the pocket, they also have the "wheels" that AM was not allowed to use under the previous head coach and offensive coordinator.

Stop for now with this . . . . Quarterbacks with "wheels" actually open up route running for receivers. Truth. Last play of the game between Clemson and Alabama . . . . Watson rolling to the his right and . . . . National Championship. Alabama took the lead prior to that play with what . . . . Hurts using his "wheels".

Good read yankeedawg1, thought provoking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #76122 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
always called the B1G the B1G Slow. That is just what they are sloooow as compared to the SEC and now the ACC speed....

As for Eason he should take 85% of the snaps from the shotgun

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago #76124 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Help me...mind needs a jogging.....agree at this stage JE is much more comfortable in the gun or pistol..

Thinking back to AM.... wasn't he a gun QB in HS.... and learned the pro under center style..

Or vice versa...??? I wonder if JE. Seeks attending Manning camps or others...

Enjoy the pretty weather. Not going to last here past Wednesday.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76125 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Agree with ogredawg on the number of long snaps that Eason takes in 2017.

Makes Jacob comfortable, suits me. Should suit his coach.

Big deal in 2017, me thinks . . . . Offensive Line, Special Team(s), Punting. Said it a couple of times over the years . . . . SEC requires a serious punting/kicking game . . . . "wins games".

yankeedawg1 . . . . AM worked his magic in every (most) formations that are used in high school. gators at the time AM was coming out wanted him to run a "spread" . . . . that can be anything. AM was a coach on the field. That is one reason that I will watch Fromm closely from the start. Same things are being said about Fromm that were being said about AM while in high school.

Both Eason and Fromm have a lot to do. Both are leaders. From where I sit, glad to have both of the young pups.

At some point in time, have not a doubt that AM will become a college football coach. His degree(s) allow him a lot of latitude. Know this . . . . AM is a "gym rat". Would like to see him running our offense "right now". Can only imagine the "overall results".

AM spent a lot of his "off time" away from the beach and other places, attended camps that furthered his football knowledge. Bet this . . . . AM will return as a college football coach.

Have mentioned this a couple of times . . . . when AM's leg was broken in high school, he was in the press box helping with the play calling. His head coach was the reason for that. Many comments from the 2017 PLAYERS/COACHES/MEDIA that have been around Fromm say he "understands the game" at a coaching level. Bet this, there will be competition, the end result, a plus for both quarterbacks and FANS. Both of these young men will spend the summer "improving". Will also bet this . . . . Eason/Fromm will end up being the best of players/friends, both on and off of the field. That has been foreign to Georgia Football forever. Did not like some of the comments that Francis tossed out a short time back. Ego's can be a dangerous thing to those that have them and those that never learn to control them. Stop Buc.

Coach Chaney understands without a doubt that he has a tremendous group of student athletes that belong to his side of the ball. Now it comes down to Coach Chaney to use that talent. Can he? Do not know. Hard for me to believe that Coach Chaney has been in the "college football game" as long as he has and not recognize the amount of talent that he is in "charge of" beginning right now. Coach Chaney if I read ogredawg's thoughts and posts right . . . . Show me something in 2017. Looking at the 2017 Schedule, truthfully does not strike fear in my heart. Believe what I read is "spit or get off of the pot". Talking heads are posting that UGA is a top ten team.

This is easy for me . . . . What is a rating of top ten for UGA Football based on? I SELECT DOOR NUMBER ONE, BOB BARKER, SIR . . . . TALENT IN ATHENS . . . . again. Most talent overall, maybe ever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago #76126 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Totally agree Buc...Fromm and Eason will be come friends and compete..will make each other better...

Thanks for answer on AM.. as you correctly pointed out will be a college coach...no doubt..

Yes feel we finally have a mix of talent and incoming depth that will make our team better in many areas

I too like our schedule....early games gives us an opportunity to gain playing experience and gel...

Think it took most of the season to get the chemistry between players and coaches sorted out..

Really struck home with me that TE..,Blaze made the comment he has had 3 OC's in his college

career...this will be the first time he he has had the same OC. two years in a row....he is not alone..

Can understand how confused this would make a player...always learning a new playbook....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds