Forum

UGA Football

7 years 4 months ago #75859 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic UGA Football
Have on several occasions expressed my thoughts on Coach Jeremy Pruitt. Continue to believe that is short time in Athens brought a "change" in the way football "should" be coached in Athens. Say this again . . . . Mark Richt has definitely copied Jeremy Puritt's methods of coaching in Miami. Of course all or most of us know that football in general is "copy cat" from top to bottom. Pee Wee all the way to the NFL.

Thanks again Coach Pruitt for our soon to be completed Indoor Practice Facility. ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 4 months ago #75860 by Buc
The article below was published August 2016. Guess 2016 team has done ok, thus far. Then I look at the recruiting roster that Alabama has put together, if anything, might be Alabama's best recruiting year . . . . ever.

To reach their level, going to take someone(s) in Athens to make massive changes in the way we run our football business. Progress has been made, I think . . . . however I look at what happened in Atlanta between Alabama and the gators . . . . in JAX what happened between Georgia and the gators.

Lots of catching up to do. We fumbled our chances many years back when the right did not know what the left was doing. Closest we came to measuring up was displayed when AM both played and "coached". Never forget his arm waving in Atlanta trying to get the coaches to step up and make a decision.

If there is a "process" in Athens now, it will not reach the highest level until the right understands what the left is doing. "Ain't gonna happen" overnight. For those that are sure we made a mistake hiring Smart and Company, appears a large portion of the existing problems in Athens have been helped recruiting wise with this group.

With the current talent listed as #3 in the Nation, along with the returning players, will not be a good thing in 2017 if we are relegated to playing in a smaller bowl. Best I can remember, we had already fallen to a lesser bowl game when we showed for the Belk Bowl. Many "needed changes" were made after that game.

TCU will arrive in Memphis with an attack that is led by a very good head coach, Gary Patterson. We have not faced a team that plays the game the way TCU does. Still have bad thoughts of our offensive game plan the last time we were in Memphis, Tennessee.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-footba...pth-chart-star-rank/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 4 months ago #75862 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic UGA Football
Buc we do have to be honest with ourselves, and I am...

I hope no one takes this wrong, but we've heard "recruiting moving in the right direction" before. Did CJP not already get that going?

We've heard "S&C going in the right direction"

We've heard "O-line going in the right direction"
with our former OLC, have we not?

Talk is cheap and 90% BS, and I'm long past tired of it.

I've got A friend of mine who says "pictures or it didn't happen".

It's time for "results or it didn't happen".

Atlanta Falcons fans are the most delusional in the country... don't believe me go to their message board. Every time they win two ball games in a row they're going to the effin' Super Bowl.

Let's not be delusional as Dawgs fans... we are what we are until we are not what we are.

Enjoy the Liberty Bowl everyone. For me..knowing our resources.. its an insult to my sensibilities.

My apologies.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, ogredawg, growl

More
7 years 4 months ago #75863 by Buc
Good read Wartdawg, especially the comparisons you made.

Believe many understand that moving forward is going to be a tough task. Feel too often quick decisions are made, coaches, players and FANS.

Remain a member on the Falcon Board, have been there since the beginning. Also was with the Tampa Board at the same time. Once upon a time the back and forth between the two boards was worth reading and participating in.

See and read some of the same about Georgia Football, different sites differ 180 degrees.

Having been a UGA FAN for a lot of years, have witnessed a lot of "stuff". With social media where it is now, a lot of "stuff" finds its way into the game, some too political for my taste. Will say this, when I have had enough, social media will hear it.

Had some things to say a while back about the way our program has been run (over) by those sitting in the big seats. There is still some of that going on, do know a few folks that are "relatively" close to UGA Athletics. Comes down to this for me . . . . "If" our recruited talent is "all that" and we do not get "all that" from them, it will not take me many years to sound off again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds