Forum

UGA Football

7 years 4 months ago #75851 by Buc
UGA Football was created by Buc
Appears to me that one of the problems that has some history with our program begins to look a lot better than it did in the past. Many on Dawgs.com and other sites have often wondered about our "starting quarterback" and the "#2".

www.scout.com/college/football/recruitin...o-compete-at-georgia

AM did more for Georgia Football than many before and after his time in Athens managed to do.

I am still one that not only thinks we have started to move in the right direction recruiting, believe we have recognized the "must do stuff" for us to move up.

Have been and will remain to get excited when I see the offensive and defensive lines in Athens improve, while we have appreciated the young men that work hard and play to their abilities, talent has been noticeably missing in both areas.

Pittman is not recruiting to have his selected players being moved to both sides. Know that Rocker is on the same wave length.

Notice that Roquan Smith was recognized in the last day or two as the second best linebacker in the SEC. There are a lot of very good linebackers in our conference, cannot disagree with that rating or opinion. Foster of Alabama being #1, Hamilton of Alabama #3.

www.ugafootballlive.com/highlights/georg...s-analytics-website/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 4 months ago #75852 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic UGA Football
Looking forward to NSD. We have excellent chance to score major improvements and add to much needed depth.

Me thinks at least 3 in this class will PT very early..... HC will have more time to work the process

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #75853 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic UGA Football
yankeedawg1, if we can and do sign the young men for the 2017 Recruiting Class at this point being rated as the third best in college football, both you and I and others on Dawgs.com will see "Depth" far different than that too many years prior to 2017.

Catching up with those that are better than we are, not going to be done in a year or two. Looking at the two universities that are currently ranked higher than we are at this point (2017 Class). . . . Alabama and Ohio State, they are not going to fall into the abyss.

I firmly believe that we (UGA) need to be honest with ourselves. All anyone has to do is check the number of National Championships that the two universities mentioned above have in their (show rooms).

Going back to this . . . . Jeremy Pruitt arrived in Athens after serving under what can only be called or classified as a lack of "LEADERSHIP". Simply say this to back that statement up . . . . Mark Richt arrived in Miami as head coach and some of the first words out of his mouth were . . . . "I need to go back to work". Jeremy Pruitt "shouted" to our head coach and athletic director at that point . . . . want to play with the "Big Boys", get off of your butts and build that Indoor Practice Facility. Did not take long for McGarity to pull his lips in and get on board with what DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR Jeremy Pruitt said openly. Anyone think that Nick Saban did not know what he was getting by replacing Smart with Pruitt? Nick Saban has proven he understands how to "build" a program . . . . this old dawg still not in McGarity's camp.

Bouncing around, that however is what I do when I look at what I think is the "overall picture" for our program.

Count the National Championship Trophies we have and those that Alabama and Ohio State have. Something has to change . . . . probably will understand more about football in the Classic City after a year or two or three. Last National Championship in Athens? Sure like what Jeremy Pruitt started when he called Richt/McGarity out. Yes, that includes "Mahogany Row".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 4 months ago #75856 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic UGA Football
Just glad the season is about over. Disappointed in how it went is being mild.

Now on to get the recruits and at least 1 JUCO OL preferably a LT. (Good one in my area D'Marcus Hayes), zero Dawgs on the 1st or 2nd all SEC team first time that has happened in over 25 years. No one can say that we don't have the talent, but the way the talent was used......maybe. How can someone say that Smith is the #2 ILB in the SEC but he cannot get on the 2nd team. I just don't get it.....kinda like the season I guess.

Now get those recruits utilize the talent and prove me wrong about Kirby Smart not being the man for the job. I am hoping to be proven wrong next year with fingers crossed.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 4 months ago #75857 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic UGA Football

Buc wrote: ...we have appreciated the young men that work hard and play to their abilities.../

I want to take a minute to put this year's 2nd string QB in that category. 10-2 as a starter in '15. Nothing but support for his teammate when he lost the starting job. Not his fault that a UVA QB was the best option (I think we all agree that we'll never know about FB) in 2015. He did what was asked.

Also the same goes for the OL from URI. Again, they didn't create the problem, just tried their best to be the solution.

Don't know that it makes them DGDs, but at least a tip of the cap might have been earned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #75858 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic UGA Football
Early on it was posted on this site that Roquan Smith was picking up the defense quickly. Playing "fast" some say. That is exactly what is going on with the Alabama defense, "playing fast". How is it that their program can do that? Not hard to sort through. You do not play in Tuscaloosa on Saturdays if you are not "ready". High school stars play on Friday nights . . . . In Tuscaloosa you play on Saturdays when you are able to play "fast". There is a "pecking order" under the coaching staff in Tuscaloosa . . . . You come to Alabama football and you do it the Saban way. That will not change as long as the "man" runs the "entire" program. Fact. Does not have McGarity's and others in his way, that is understood by those that like showing the Natty's off to very good high school football players, year after year.

Believe that 2017 will speak volumes to many of us. I too hope for "serious" improvement. Offensive line has to be "taught" the ways of playing football in the SEC. Firmly believe that Coach Pittman is in his glory as he moves to coach the offensive line in 2017. Big offensive linemen are a must, big offensive linemen in "playing shape" is another must. Offensive line will be "rebuilding", not "reloading" . . . . "Reloading" is the way it is done in Tuscaloosa. Check the Natty hardware, it is a "process" . . . . not understood by all.

Go Dawgs, peddle fast, Roquan Smith understands the "process", expect to see a lot of "LEADERSHIP" from Roquan in 2017.

www.dawgnation.com/football/dawgnation-d...y-talented-team#free
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds