Forum

GAME DAY: Ul Lafayette vs UGA

7 years 5 months ago #75748 by growl
Replied by growl on topic GAME DAY: Ul Lafayette vs UGA
better pull together before next saturday, or get ready for the gnats to hand their asses to 'em!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 5 months ago #75749 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: Ul Lafayette vs UGA
Our lack of depth and experience on defense sure showed in garbage time in the 4th quarter.

Not a good sign going into 2017

thecountrynation.com

More
7 years 5 months ago #75750 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: Ul Lafayette vs UGA
Re watching the game our OL did pretty well in pass protection, inside blocking still was crap and Chubb and Michel did a good job of bouncing it outside.

Watched ULL's OL also and they are not too shabby, big strong and have some quickness and can block inside pretty well, and I got to wondering what Pittman could do with that group and how well Eason, Chubb, and Michel would do with that OL. They did out rush us and beat us in total yardage and a lot of the credit goes to their OL. Jennings does not throw 3 ints. Might have been a little different game.

IMAC made some plays but if he don't different outcome and much closer.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 4 months ago #75752 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic GAME DAY: Ul Lafayette vs UGA
I've said it all along and I stick to it: Saban was 6-6 first year at Bama---anyone want to bet play calling was called out a lot? I won't judge anything this year. I will judge it more the coaches more in 2017. I will judge it HEAVILY in 2018. Too many coaches on this team with too much success to all of a sudden forget how to coach them up or call plays.

Take a deep breath and let them get through one year together. Some of these coaches joined the team three weeks before signing day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #75753 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic GAME DAY: Ul Lafayette vs UGA
Nick was 25-22-1 his first four years as a head coach at mich st. Also, 0-3 in his three bowl games. That was the 1990s, before internets exploded, just a simpler time. Heck, I'd guess he was "only" making a quarter million a year.

College football is really out of control right now. Charlie strong getting fired soon with a couple years on his 5mil contract. Who pays for this stuff? I've made a little money over the years, no way in heck I'd care enough to pay a nickel to get rid of the alma mater football coach for lack of performance.

Edit... I am a supporter of me alma mater. Went to our game yesterday. Hear the same betching about the coaches etc as I hear here. I just go for love of competition and beer. Win or lose il be there...

More
7 years 4 months ago #75755 by bpatters69
Replied by bpatters69 on topic GAME DAY: Ul Lafayette vs UGA
It's been an interesting year. Whether we end up 8-4 or 7-5, who knows. We will have our hands full with GT - that is for sure. When I look back on the season, a couple of things stand out in my opinion. Our D has played pretty well and they have made big plays to give our O opportunities to capitalize. I do have to say that I am disappointed in our O but I understand our deficiencies. The most important weakeness being our O line... You can't do much without protection. Eason is still coming along, both in his understanding of the game and his ability. I would like to see him compete more long passes or at least be more on target. I have seen improvement of late which is good.

Call me crazy but why don't we run more plays with both Sony and Nick? Auburn was very successful with Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams... We could be too. I guess it comes down to blocking and we need an extra blocker on the line vs an extra RB... Who knows.

Kirby is still a work in progress. Next year will be even more telling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds