Forum

GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75166 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
Coach Smart reacts this way after the game. Understand that Georgia won the game, but there is a difference in his approach when speaking to the media and . . . . you and I, we watch. Smart understands when and how to "bite", after all he is a DAWG.

Coach Smart continues to use the word "process". Means a lot to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75167 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
Buc, I'm rooting for Eason as much as anyone and for many reasons! But the lack of playing against real "ballers" in HS keeps showing game after game. Not saying that can't be fixed but with Fromm coming in next year those flaws are going to be under huge scrutiny because Fromm in my opinion will be ready to play and start by next fall. If Eason can't fix those problems you can bet the farm on it that Fromm will make that decision for CKS pretty easy as long as politics aren't involved which I don't think CKS plays that game!

The last player coming out of HS going to UGA that I've been this big on was Chubb. I also had the pleasure to watch Chubb up close for several games in HS and I knew his sophomore year that he was the "real deal" just as Fromm is the "real deal". I'll go out on a limb and say it right now, Fromm will go down as the best QB to play at UGA and possibly the game with the recruiting we have coming in. Of course that's my opinion but Fromm is very special and has all the tools you want in a QB and I mean all the tools!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 6 months ago #75168 by Buc
Like the fact that "we" have more than one quarterback that can "handle" the job. Never want to return to where "we" were under the previous group of coaches.

Coach Sam Pittman is going to be a blessing to both Eason and Fromm. From where I sit, let the battle begin.

Pulling from the fact that Coach Smart allowed and watched the three quarterbacks after returning to Athens (again) :) go balls to the wall for the right to play. Expect no less when Jake arrives in Athens.

sflanagan21, one word that I will remember Coach Smart repeating over and over . . . . "process". I pay close attention to Kirby, he uses the word carefully and responsibly. Young men being recruited hear the same thing.

Good post/read sf21. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
7 years 6 months ago #75169 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
This season has been and probably will continue to be frustrating for us Buc but the future is looking very bright! I've been screaming 2018 will be the year we make our run and hopefully it continues for many years, God knows UGA nation is long over due! I just wanna see improvements every week from our players and staff. There's no doubt that Richt's mentality is still lingering around!

Pittman is a big cog in the wheel and you can see his hard work and knowledge is paying off weekly! Poor guy is working with a bunch of small, slow dudes but has been getting better results the last 2-2.5 games if ya ask me. No disprespect to our O line because I've got nothing but love for them and all of our boys!

Excited for the W! Gotta keep improving big time before we face the GaYtors...

More
7 years 6 months ago #75170 by Buc
sf21, I will have more tomorrow. Getting long in the tooth. ;)

More
7 years 6 months ago #75171 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: It's a conference road W, but not much more.

Hopefully Eason gets more accurate before the Florida game.

...and hopefully we go into the Florida game with a plan on offense more reminiscent of the one we had vs Tennessee than the one we had today.

I know Eason was way off today, but he's very young and very raw and we have to get him some early confidence and rhythm. Our gameplan had none of that today. No easy swing passes.. very little use of the tightends. almost no use of slants or an intermediate passes... screens. It was run, run, run, run, run and then when we did pass there were a lot of slow developing fairly deep throws.

Against UT, we mixed things up a bit more... gave Eason a couple of easy completions.. got him in a rhythm....

No excuses for Eason's performance, but I don't think the play calling did him any favors.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds