Forum

GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA

7 years 6 months ago #75160 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
Finally a pass for the score. Don't understand the tight formations before that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75161 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
MusBEERger... I'm voting for "drunk".

On the onside kick that we returned for the TD... he initially tried to claim that we couldn't advance the ball.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sflanagan21

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75162 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
W. I'll take it 28-14.

Good ground game.

Eason arm working, receivers or targeting, not sure which needs fixing.

JMHO the work KS is doing is paying off. Different team every week.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75163 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
Mentioned earlier in this thread that I was hoping to come away with some thoughts about this particular team.

Watched their quarterback not noted for a big time arm that did pretty well considering what protection he was afforded.

Having a problem when I continue to see open receivers, especially in the end zone, Eason not reading. Not being ugly, but Jacob Eason has a long way to go. Not replacing him but . . . . Jake Fromm from the film that I have watched and will continue to watch is mobile and also has a big arm. Add to that touch. sflanagan21 you come to my mind when mentioning this.

There is a big reason that coaches from all over the country recruit heavily in Georgia, players like Fromm and others play against stiff competition "most" Friday nights.

With Wartdawg . . . . what is the reason that we are not utilizing our tight ends?

Not impressed at this point with our punter. Apparently the same can be said for our kicker.

Defensive line? Lack of recruiting in the past has shown its ugly face in 2016. Trenton Thompson facing double teams and the rest are straight up "bull rush" players.

Could say much more, glad to get a "W". Always looks good when compiling statistics at the end of the year. Problem with that . . . . went through that for too many years prior to 2016. Usually landed us as ogredawg said, in a bowl that looks good on a head coaches resume. Yes, I said that.

Fix the offensive and defensive lines or . . . .

Coach Smart told us upon arrival, need fixing . . . . was he telling the truth? I say yes, but . . . . not impressed with the offensive play calling, we have enough talent to do much better than we are at this point in many of the game situations. We again are using tight ends to bolster a less than top grade offensive line, been going on for too long.

I will tune in next game . . . . Go Dawgs

EDIT:

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-footba...-effort-jacob-eason/

More
7 years 6 months ago #75164 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
Some coaches are cut out to hold press conferences, others are not. Below is the way that Muschamp conducted himself as the head coach of the gators.

Like the way Smart "works" his press conferences, sets the "pace" but allows a certain amount of "stuff".

Muschamp has no middle ground, makes it difficult sometimes recruiting and with the administration.

Muschamp was on a roll in Texas as the defensive coordinator, Will thought he was going to follow urban meyer and continue to keep the gators on top in the SEC. He quickly stepped on "certain toes" and found himself as defensive coordinator for Auburn.

Sometimes folks think they are the absolute best in their own minds.

Muschamp knows football. With that out of the way . . . . he needs to understand that his "macho man" style will cost him again, if he follows the same path he is on. The line is long with coaches that want to wear the SEC Head Coaching tag, successful coaches.

I would say this to Will Muschamp . . . . Steve Spurrier, like him or not had a solid history of improvement at the position of "Head Coach". Spurrier worked his magic for a while in Columbia, but he too found that coaching in South Carolina differs greatly from coaching in a talent rich state like Florida.

urban meyer did his carpet bagging trip to the South and it paid off handsomely, bad health and the rest of the "stuff" that never was released to the public has urban in a very good position.

Will Muschamp, probably not possible, but you appear to be a much better coordinator than a head coach. Have been wrong many times, sitting on the fence with you at this point. Yes, I still remember what you said and the way you said it about the University of Georgia when you were "sucking up" to Foley and the gator nation. How did that turn out. Thought you might wise up in Columbia, after watching the video below, safe bet is that you are who you are.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75165 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic GAME DAY: USCe VS UGA
It's a conference road W, but not much more.

Hopefully Eason gets more accurate before the Florida game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds