Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

7 years 5 months ago #74982 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Unfortunately, any lingering issues from the legacy of the former coach are of our own doing. O-line, kicking game, depth, unbalanced recruiting... all the signs of serious shortcomings in thise areas had been present for a few years and we did nothing but watch the fiddle playing as the classic city's football team was smoldering. We held on to the emperor for at least 2 years too long.

Sorry to all those who claim that only they want to "move on". I have moved on as well, but you can't talk about where you are today and how you got there without mentioning what happened yesterday.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #74983 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Well, the old carney sold all the tickets. College football is in the entertainment business. That's why the coaches make so much money. putting butts in the seats and making folks turn on the tv is the job of the coach.

Ole carney got another job making the same big money.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #74984 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

scooby wrote: Well, the old carney sold all the tickets. College football is in the entertainment business. That's why the coaches make so much money. putting butts in the seats and making folks turn on the tv is the job of the coach.

That he did, but then again, so is the current coach. I don't think the former coach ever put 93,000 butts in the seat for a spring game?

Ticket & merchandise sales are the least of Georgia's problems right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds