Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

7 years 6 months ago #74956 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Wow Game Day Friday # 5….. time is flying by…

Truly time to move on from last week’s messy… once again many valid and excellent points made by folks posting here…

One again I am on a ramble….mini rant on some points…

Pouty once again in my snuff….. tag line on one of his post game… writings ….Georgia again loses to Western Division opponent.

Excuse me…… hands please…. Last time a team from the East has won the SECCG…….. hmmmmm….. not exactly a hidden fact that the East side of the SEC has been the week sister for just short of a decade…..

OK….. so I misspoke about moving on…..

Love the Richbot’s aka bleeding hearts…. Name….

Had a local hit me with….. not all good coordinators make good head coaches…..

Had to work hard not to have my rivets pop lose…… my reply not all good HC’s remain good….. Hello Les…… and your MR…

At least Les won a couple NC’s……

From his own lips our HC warned that we had talent holes to fill…

We don’t have the size and depth to play at the elite level…

Let me make a comment about what was shared here about not all players buying into the new program….. same thing happens when new management takes over in business…..time to adjust and learn…

Four games and one spring and fall camp does amount to a great deal of time to turn a program around using players who were already here plus a number of freshman…. Lead by a freshman QB….. growing pains
To the max…..

Wart says… no excuses…… our problems are not excuses….fact we have empty and glaring holes to fill….. can only be done by recruiting …

Then as Buc has pointed out several times correctly… coach’m up…

Need to get the bodies here first….. Coaches are in place that can get that done….in time….

HC be the first to tell you…he is learning with the passing of each game

His new role as HC……

As far as the pumpkin people….. tasteless urange….hate anything urange other than the citrus fruit… Ole Miss would embarrass any team in the East… UT is not close to Ole Miss…..

Game is between the Hedges where strange things have happened both for and against the Dawgs…… HC wants to bring pride back to Sanford…… I will be watching closely for improvement…

What did we learn this week in practice….. can we bring some emotion to the field and show leadership…

Be really good if we punched them first and kept hitting them like a Dollar Store drum….

UGA-X……. Dawg up and show the Flea hound a long ride back to Knox Vegas….

First game of October….. Let’s start with a win

Buc…Double up on the bloodies

Thiller….smoke up some hedges…

Growl…… do your thingy with grill

The rest of you folks……. Enjoy……

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always…. “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago #74957 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
I do say no excuses..... and I mean it.

But I say no excuses for not living up to fair expectations.

I know the state of our team in terms of talent
and depth, and I know what it means to have a new staff implenting lots of change. My expectations have been tempered accordingly.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74958 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

yankeedawg1 wrote: Had a local hit me with….. not all good coordinators make good head coaches…..

Had to work hard not to have my rivets pop lose…… my reply not all good HC’s remain good….. Hello Les…… and you MR…

Solid gold. Love it.

On to UT...

Others have said it's time to make a statement this weekend. While I agree with that, I am reserved in my expectations much like I was last weekend. A lot will depend on which Tennessee shows up - the UT that struggled mightily against Ohio and App State, or the Tennessee which had one good half against FU last weekend.

I think we're going to see an improvement over the debacle last weekend because honestly it can't get much worse. However, if we cannot cobble together some semblance of a running game, give Skinny 2.8 seconds instead of 2.2 to throw the ball, and at least try to defend against the pass, then we're in for a long, miserable early fall day in Athens.

Kirby says we'll see an "A effort" this weekend. Well, I'll be watching for that "A effort" between sips of Jasper & coke. Might need to reload on some Jasper for insurance just in case it gets ugly.

Go Dawgs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74959 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Allow me this . . . . Have mentioned this a couple of times.

The changeover of coaches, more than one. There were players that were not fully on board with the change. Some decided not to remain in Athens or go to Athens for their freshman year. Understandable. Young men no different than FANS . . . . become attached to certain coaches.

Every player on our football team, not recruited by Smart and Company. I believe that some players remained for good reason(s). Not leaving and sitting for a period of time. Goes back to coaches can leave but players do not have the same set of rules.

Hard for me to look over our 2016 roster and understand how we can be kicked from pillar to post. There is a lot of talent in Athens. Maybe not enough talent to beat a very talented team like Ole Miss, and could name others. But the shameful display in Mississippi goes deeper than talent alone.

Little bit like asking folks at the race track oval or drag strip which car manufacturer they prefer. That has been and will always be a running battle of words and sometimes more than than.

Watching game film as much as I do, having the time of course, I see some players that are not performing to their highest level. Why? Could be a lot of reasons. I think one reason in 2016 is some of our top players have not bought into some or much of the change with the firing/hiring.

Kirby Smart knows this. He however did not witness the same in Tuscaloosa that he is witnessing in Athens. Most of the players that sign their LOI to play for Alabama and its coaching staff come committed. Stability and leadership in the Crimson Tide program was built and has been maintained ever since Nick Saban arrived.

After the next two years of recruiting, not the leave a National Championship and catch a plane to Washington State and other moves made before the ink was dry on Smarts contract, we will see what Kirby Smart is all about.

Have often said on this board that patience is a virtue. My patience ran out after 15 years with the last head coach. Now I hear the “whimpers” beginning to grow from those that “liked a good man, too much”.

There are a lot of young men wearing the Red and Black that have a lot of time left in Athens. Right now Georgia is ranked third in the nation in the recruiting area. Smart and Company are not having to catch a quick hop to Washington State or anywhere else. This group of coaches now have “time on their side”. Looking over the recruits that say they are coming to Athens . . . . see a lot of changes in body sizes and other things that Kirby mentioned upon arrival.

Saturday I will pay particular attention to “attitudes”. Jones has laid the ground work for a particular type of game. Works both ways "Butchie". Trying to be nice on the name calling.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #74966 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
It is what it is. That is what keeps coming back to me.

As WartDawg said "I know what it means to have a new staff implementing lots of change. My expectations have been tempered accordingly. "

On the other hand there is a lot of new energy being infused into the team. The out come of that is what makes the difference.

It seems like I have been starting every game on the fence... 'tempered expectations'.

Do what you gotta do and beat the guys from Rocky Top.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

7 years 6 months ago #74973 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

Buc wrote: Works both ways "Butchie". Trying to be nice on the name calling.

I'm not...bitch jones is a panty waste who runs his sewer too much..time for some Dawgs to shut him up.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds