Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74447 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2
One question that particularly piqued my interest was " What did you think of a certain freshmans play" and CKS response was , if he doesnt play better on special teams he wont be seeing playing time. That speaks volumes to me and tells me that Special Teams is on the forefront.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74448 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2
The upside of "the process" is that we, the fans, no longer need to give up on any game. No need to fear big, bad TN (east favorites!?) coming to town. No need to break out in hives just before Jacksonville. No need to cower before the Spurriers of the world. We probably will not win every game, but we will play every game like winners. There will be no giving up by the players, the coaches, and - as we get back the junkyard feel - the fans.

It wasn't that many years ago that teams feared to play between the hedges. I think that will be the trend of the future as "the process" picks up steam.

GO DAWGS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74449 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2
The old regime's "Georgia way" - which surely lingers in the minds of many players - is completely incompatible with "the process." No longer will players fly under the radar. No longer will inexcusable gameplay and lack of effort be tolerated. Players will be called out. If they don't perform, they'll watch the player who does take their spot.

For those of us who have watched this program stagnate over the years, this is a very fun time period to be involved in. I'm glad to share it with all you fellas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74450 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2
NCdawg.....it's fun to have skin in the game again..

SD......absolutely play every game like winners

Exactly....we fans are being coached up..... No more

Donnie Downer......Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74451 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2
Excited to see JE get his first start! A lot of my friends think it's now his job to lose and that he will be our guy from here out. The verdict is still out for me, I think sooner fhan later he will for sure be our guy. But after wathing the game (just the O) two more times there's a lot of work still to be accomplished from JE.

There is no doubt in my mind that he will get there and tomorrow will be a BIG leap forward in that direction. The game will slow down tremendously for him with each and every rep tomorrow and when that switch flips I believe we are going to have a stellar signal caller. I hope that he settles in the next 2 weeks because Ole Miss's D is the real deal and will bring it to him like he can't even imagine right now! With that being said I would much rather take my chances with Eason against Ole Miss than I would Lambert because Lambert puts NO fear in Ole Miss whatsoever!

It should be a pretty easy game tomorrow and that means a lot of players are going to get to see the field. I for one am very excited to see the young pups play tomorrow! I'm also very excited to see JE progress, mature and grow tomorrow.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

More
7 years 7 months ago #74452 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2
Every game under JE's belt will get him closer to being a great QB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds