Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2

7 years 7 months ago #74441 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Game Day Friday # 2…… much has been written about our first game. Speak to this week’s game and then return to share some of my thoughts..

Nicholls State which now goes by just Nicholls is coming to play football…. Not just rollover and collect a paycheck….

While they may not be a Appy State or South Alabama they look at this as an opportunity to make a statement….

Cutting to the chase…. HC and his staff will have our team ready to play….no sleep walking will be allowed….

I see a bunch of young pups seeing playing time….. let the starters get some reps then get them off the field.. I feel we will see both JE and GL and even BR…. At QB….. keep the process moving forward……. Dawgs win by what ever score they wish..

Our first game was just what we needed for many reasons…

Yes UNC had a poor run defense all the rest of the talking heads hype…. Problem with us in prior games we always played down to the lower level of our competition…. Didn’t happen with UNC…. Next we got hit hard in the mouth in the third quarter …

Down by ten…. Waves of here we go again….flat tire and the wheels are coming off….the bleeding hearts were texting that it was a sure sign that our first game was going into the tank….

My first clue that just maybe the worst was not going to happen was the energy on the sidelines from our players and coaching staff….. the feeling was there was a lot of time left just go make plays and we will be alright.

Sidebar…. CKS…. Called out the Bulldog Nation for giving up…

He pointed out that fans have to have the same attitude to keep playing the game and maintain the effort….

Each week teams look at their last game and coaches and players work to improve and fix errors….

IMO …… far better for us to be 1-0 and working on our problems rather than 0-1 like many surprised teams are doing.

Loran Smith had a great column about the game and the HC’s energy….. his finial observation was that CKS will never lose a game with his mouth…….. I agree……

Buc…. Great game for pups to be coached up and improve…

Athens is a different place…. Even with some of the old media babble still floating around…..

Pause and give thanks…

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “ Go Dawgs” !!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74442 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2
Jacob Eason will start against Nichols

www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id...holls-state-colonels

Not really surprised, but very glad to see it. This should give ample opportunity for JE to have "a lot of runway" to get comfortable.

YD1 - great comments about the naysaying bleeding hearts when we got down to UNC. This dawg fan never got into naysaying at that moment, but rather, saw the chance for us to shine. And shine we did.

Comments this week on the board have been lively, refreshing, and exciting. Week 2 should be no different.

Coaches Chaney & Pittman GATA in practice this week. The disparity of size and talent of UGA this week won't be a true measure of how much it affected a positive change, but we're on the right path.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74443 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2
I am trusting in the "process". Easy enough to "pick and choose" . . . . reason that these coaches make the money.

Just how much difference do I think we will see in UGA Football play wise in 2016 and beyond? We have ran the same formations for years, problem has not been the formations, it lies squarely on the backs of those that teach the "process". "Process" is a term that I had not heard in Athens prior to the recent coaching changes.

Lambert left Virginia when he was demoted. Chose to take another path. Lambert is wise, knows that Eason is the man. Appears to me after watching what appears to be a real friendship on the sideline between Lambert and Eason, the coaches are making some solid decisions. By that I mean, players are all in with this coaching staff. All any of us have to do is reflect back to 2015 and our offensive coordinator and the results or lack of.

Appears to me that the building process, would not call it a rebuilding process is well under way. Coach Smart has said point blank, our program needs to be brought up to date. A lot of "mind altering" going on in the Classic City. Called "process" by Kirby. I am along for the ride, have "never" felt better about our "possibilities".

Go Dawgs, appears to me that this group of coaches are putting some "bite" into the "bark".

SouthernDawg, good comment on the board posts.

You said . . . . Comments this week on the board have been lively, refreshing, and exciting. Week 2 should be no different.

Good read yankeedawg1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74444 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2
Back in the early spring I posted that it again means

something to play between the hedges...it will be highly

visible the next two Saturday's Exactly Buc

The bite has returned to match the bark. Both will

improve.....drastically..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74445 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2
I listened to the weekly talk show last night with Kirby Smart and I must say that he is a great listen. He answers questions to the best of his knowledge and when he is cornered with a question that is still up in the air he lets it be known. A real no nonsence guy. I like him!

This weeks game may give us answers as to how well the players listen to the coaches, not the hype. We'll see

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74446 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 2
Not only is CKS a no nonsense type of coach, he bars no one from his scrutiny! Calling out the Dawg Nation for fearing the worst, translates into a rebuilding of not only the program, but the fanbase as well! I read somewhere that CKS felt sick after watching the replay of the UNC game! Well, i watched it again last night and I know exactly why CKS felt ill! Folks, we got real lucky. Back to back interference calls, the second of which was questionable. Ineligible player down field, again,... questionable... Several deep passing attempts that UNC failed to make, but the player had plenty of separation.

We witnessed a 4th quarter meltdown by UNC that led to a 19 point swing in momentum. NC's 55 yard throat punch was the icing, but it could have easily gone the other way.

We've got work to do and I suspect we'll witness much of that work on Saturday. Our "season" begins in three weeks, in Oxford...We better be prepared,...WE,...including the fans!

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds