Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74072 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
After posting the above about what was said by all of the coaches . . . . Lo and behold, several sites pick and choose parts of the overall and post them on their sites. Journalism, my butt.

In the post on Dawgs.com, you get everything that was said by all of the coaches, everything.

Bottom feeders pick and choose . . . . again looking for "clicks". Some never learn, or "accept" that there is a thing called the "INTERNET" and the messages from those coaches, played out in full. No pick and choose, no fancy headline grabbing attention.

Yes, "Pouty" is at it again, check the AJC. Check Dawgs.com. Full story on Dawgs.com, "click headline" furnished by . . . . Yep, here they go again.

Do not believe, check it out . . . . Truth is the option here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #74073 by Buc
This is very close to where I am at, along with some folks that are very close in the same beliefs that myself and others have taken a serious look/see.

College football, especially D1 has “arrived” at a place that is no longer “stagnant” as has been the case for many years. Almost from the beginning of time . . . . Stagnant meaning, those on top stay there and those that somehow cannot reach the top 10/15/20/25 or top 50 no longer “fit” in the lesser categories.

So many young athletes are separated by folks in the media by “Stars”. Then we take a hard look at young men that are rated in the media with those “Stars”, explaining to the “common FAN” why a certain team or player is best suited for rankings, therefore leading to championships.

Todd Gurley, three(3) “Star” in high school. 2015 Season ends in the NFL and . . . . Three(3) “Star” is all that.

Realize that I keep “pushing”, that will not “stop” until FANS start to believe in themselves (you and I) and what we see but did not have a voice or a way to put in “meaningful” opinions. So many FANS are aware of what is and has been going on with “media stuff”, “stuff” that they/we/us never had a chance in the last “x” number of years to voice our opinions.

If anyone agrees with or accepts “blindly” what is offered by many in the media that express “their thoughts” for whatever reason, without asking ones self “why” . . . . Some of that property is “quicksand” going for a very low price. Media understands that. See it still comes down to one thing . . . . follow the money. “They” do.

I know this . . . . My Mother turned 101 years on August 5, 2016. My Mom said to me over a span of many years . . . . “Do not be lead without giving serious thought to those that call themselves leaders”. Often on this site, Dawgs.com, I use the word “LEADERSHIP”, blame my Mother for that if you disagree.

Smart AND Company now have the “LEADERSHIP” role in the Classic City. Up to those of us that accept change and want more as proven by the 93,000+ for G Day Game, and the x number of folks that were not allowed in.

One last thought . . . . Would bet the “FARM” on Georgia Football being able to identify with Erk . . . . again.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 8 months ago #74074 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
There is a battle every fan must face, namely "homerism" versus sensibility. Homerism is easy because it get's indoctrinated into each of us as soon as we don whatever colors our schools wear. From that point forward, we buy, eat and sleep anything Georgia (or whatever school you choose.)

Sexy is sensibility. Sexy is being able to admit that the running back, QB or DL at school x just happens to be better than your RB, QB or DL and you know why. If you happen to buy into the local rags and talk-boxes littering the web, you'll think that your school is on the cusp of dominance and national championships. I have a friend who follows Fresno State (another 'bulldog') and I'll bet a dollar to a dime that, right now, he thinks/hopes/dreams that Fresno State is in the mix for the NC, despite all the evidence and common sense to the contrary.

As fans, as GEORGIA fans, we represent the brand that is Georgia Football. In this, we ought to represent well. Acknowledge the shortcomings in our program as well as the strengths. Praise the good play, courage, and skill of our opponents as much as (or almost as much) as we do our own. It's another trash filter. The ability to see greatness, even if it doesn't advance the spin around your particular team, is a sure sign that the company you keep is solid.

We, meaning the members of Dawgs.com, are going to disagree on many things this season. I think we owe ourselves a grain of salt in all things Georgia and all things football. In this way. we add a measure of class to an already upstanding site. Praising an opponent's players, or criticizing our own is not a knock on our loyalty, but rather a testament to the character of this site and, ultimately, of ourselves. If we allow ourselves to be limited by the opinions of writers paid for column inches in favor of meaningful insight, then we become nothing more than part of the background noise. Our discussions should--as they often do here--add something new to the story of the season at hand. Agreement vise-a-vise "homerism" is as important as the discordance of dissent.

Can we agree that both sides have a voice in the story of the season?

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 8 months ago #74077 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I just did a check for tickets at Sanford stadium. Very few tickets for sale on the broker sites. High prices too.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

7 years 8 months ago #74078 by Buc

stevedawg wrote: I just did a check for tickets at Sanford stadium. Very few tickets for sale on the broker sites. High prices too.

Believe this is going to be the "norm" Stevedawg.

When I go back and read the many threads on this site, which I do, there seems to have been a common theme . . . .

"Why is UGA not competitive with a certain group of teams, both in and outside of the SEC? Question has been asked over and over. LimeyDawg addresses that in his way.

Little doubt in my mind that we will be "competitive" across the board in a short time. Cannot have the players we see coming on board and not expect "more".

I believe there have been several "trends" for many years, also believe that UGA has "brushed over" many of the problems, knowing that we (UGA) had a "limit" as to how far we would go.

If I believe one thing about our program today it is this . . . . Smart AND Company will not only address the problems of the past, and do that quickly, this group of coaches are a "tight team". Missing since Erk left in my opinion. Long span of time, too long.

This group of coaches understand not only "how" to teach the incoming recruits, they value the FANS. Say again, coaches as well as players opened their eyes "wide" when they stepped on the field for the G Day Game.

Smart and Company know they have the needed backing from the FANS, they also know that the "Internet" is filled with folks that not only played the game, understand the difference in some of the "stuff" that the "rags" use versus the honest opinion of many who for years have supported UGA with more than "lip service". Some refer to it as "coin". Think about that.

Going to be some "tail feathers burned" in the media /presser sessions in 2016. Yes, Kirby has a lot of the traits that Nick had. Bet that, and we will watch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds