Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 8 months ago #74054 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Several regular posters last week summed it up pretty well…we have run out of things to chew on…. Beyond ready for the season

Kickoff in 29 days…..

BPS ….. short and sweet this week.

Two statements from CKS and one from a player.

I am sure many here have heard both….

About JT and his return to playing… CKS said he was not going to be that coach…. The one who rushes him back to play football..

CKS… It will be JT support staff and doctors who are working to heal him that will tell me when he is ready to play football… I will listen to them….. we have JT best interest in mind.

Freshman still wearing their high school foot shoes….. the point here is the freshman who once ruled Friday nights playing HS football have to start all over in college…. The SEC won’t let you go far wearing HS cleats… come back to earth and start working…. Only way to see the field on game day…

Nick Chubb visited with the media and made the statement… he was doing everything and had no side effects….. contact will be next….

No one has every worked harder than NC getting back from an injury..thanks NC for your efforts…..leadership by example….

Working your way back……no short cut….. I love

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74057 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yankeedawg1, another example that you point out concerning Coach Smart. He cares about these young men. Some of these players have had little or no guidance off of the field. That is a simple fact. In steps Kirby and without a doubt said to the young man, "time has come for change".

There were some problems with another player a short time back that had some decision making problems, not once, twice. This year he is being counted on to be a "leader", replacing a player that was drafted in the first round of the NFL by Chicago. Believe that he will be a guiding light for the young man that will come out of this as a "MAN". More to being a man than lifting weights and running fast.

Coach Smart is going to let one and all know that "he" is the leader of our program. Have to say this . . . . our program will not be lead by the "media". The coaches on Smarts staff were chosen for a "reason" . . . . they think along the same lines.

Good read. Hope all is well with you Sir. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 8 months ago #74059 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Thanks Buc all is well here in the Classic City trust that your end of the field on MI. is also doing well

Took leave last weekend to Hilton Head. Destroyed a large number of shrimp and adult beverages

Spent a good deal of the time on the beach enjoying the sound and wonderful ocean smell

Took Steve's advise and based in sunscreen....

Great trip charged and ready for Game Day Friday

Time and faith are the great healer....thanks for asking

Growl....need to work some seafood in your grill tailgate

Had some off the chain. ......grilled shrimp....killer

Stay well brothers. Know this CKS has our program tracking really well

Fun meter continues to raise......Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74060 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Yd1 Beef Tenderloin and Grilled Fresh Shrimp marinated in Allegro is a happening at least once a month here, so I share in your enthusiasm for that dish. I usually film each game for viewing on Sunday after the Saturday for scrutiny and that is when I grill for the game, no interruptions and I can relax for the game.

I can hardly wait for this season to begin, its either going to be very good or mediocre, I'm betting on the VG.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
7 years 8 months ago #74063 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Growl....going to try your shrimp soon

Agree. Feel we will surprise pleasantly...

Enjoy your weekend....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74071 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Been around Georgia Football for several years. The link below is the first time in all of my years that I have read anything close to what is being said by the coaches.

Long read. Want to understand what is going on in the Classic City, highly recommend reading the article entirely.

My thinking what is said in the article will not be repeated again in such length and detail.

For me, like reading a "Best Seller", coming direct to me without having to do anything more than read. So many questions are answered, coaches speaking about TEAM, none of the "stuff" that has been presented prior to Smart AND Company taking up residence in Athens.

Been around Georgia Football for several years. The link below is the first time in all of my years that I have read anything close to what is being said by the coaches.

Long read. Want to understand what is going on in the Classic City, highly recommend reading the article entirely.

My thinking what is said in the article will not be repeated again in such length and detail.

For me, like reading a "Best Seller", coming direct to me without having to do anything more than read. So many questions are answered, coaches speaking about TEAM, none of the "stuff" that has been presented prior to Smart AND Company taking up residence in Athens.

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080616aaa.html

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds