Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 8 months ago #74018 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I'm with you growl, I wish I had something constructive to add to YD1's thoughts. I'm just so stoked about 40 days & counting. My favorite time of year is about to roll around, fall will be in the air soon, and our dawgs are about to start obedience school under the new instructor. :P

This camp and this upcoming season has such a new and refreshing feel to it that I have to pinch myself to believe it's real.

Go Dawgs! Woof woof woof
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #74019 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Looking over the recruits that have made their choices. Leaves little doubt that Alabama winning National Championships, Ohio State winning one recently, makes a big impression on young football players.

Alabama and Ohio State lost a lot of players to the NFL, both are reloading at a fast pace.

We love our football, and I feel we have finally taken stock of just exactly where we are at in the SEC. Not real sure that was or has been done for a long time.

Head Coach Kirby Smart went out on a limb, I believe that to be true, asked those that are into UGA Football to show support in the G Day Game. FANS did. Every university like to say, we have the greatest fans in the country. G Day Game attendance dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s.

For many of us, we really want to see a change. Will that happen with the coaches in Athens . . . . I think so. Players that are on board with Smart and Company seem to think so. Many universities across the country wanted some of the young men that signed on to play in Athens.

Kirby Smart said loud and clear . . . . this is the type player we are looking for. Did not pull punches. Not blindsiding anyone.

Comes down to this in my opinion. Coaching. There are so many talented players across our country that want to play D1 football and are willing to put it on the line. Not UGA alone, many schools are gearing up for the “future”. Actually the “future” is now. Like or dislike the Michigan head coach, Harbough is all about winning. His conference will improve big time because Jim Harbaugh took over as head coach. Urban meyer has established himself, that will not change.

I say the above for this reason . . . . Red and Black needed “change”.

Have some time, look over the player list and commits.

n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals100..._src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 8 months ago #74020 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Countdown schedule on front page.
Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds