Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 8 months ago #74012 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

We have less than 40 days to our first game and fall camps starts next week.

Warp speed Scotty…. Things are going to start popping very quickly…

The recruiting is still rolling along with more players adding UGA to their lists of final possible schools.

Yes it’s all show until the paperwork arrives on NSD…however it is very interesting…. And different….

As noted in the thread about our DL…CKS speaks about our need to increase size and depth… again doing so in a clear and truthful manner.. no coach speak… or excuses….. just the pursuit of getting better…. I like it a lot …..

There is much agreement that our fall camp this year will be very different…. IMHO… coaches will be looking at everyone….no automatics when comes to the selection of starters….

It my sense that much work has been done by the players themselves in getting ready for camp…. Everyone is going throught fall camp together for the first time under our new coaches…. No question it will be much different than spring ball was….

Truly hope we can avoid serious injuries in camp while still getting our football team in game shape

Many opportunities will be available for young players to compete for playing time…. Much of success will depend on how quick our young pups learn how to play in the SEC …

Fun meter moving upward …

Pause and give thanks…..

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74013 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
YD1. Don't forget to lather up in sunscreen every day. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

7 years 8 months ago #74014 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Forty days huh, how about a countdown at the top of the site. What you think?

GO DAWGS!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 8 months ago #74015 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Thanks yd1 for the Friday thoughts, I really wish I had something constructive to say today.

I will say that having such little subject matter to discuss might just be what we've been looking for up til now. Venture to say that the next few weeks are going to give us plenty of talking points.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 8 months ago #74016 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
It's going to be a very interesting season! I could see us going 9-3 or running the table. A lot of intriguing things are going to play out during camp. Who will be the signal caller, how healthy will Chubb be, how healthy will Michel be, who will step up on the D line, how well will the players mesh and gell with each other and the new coaches, and a lot more questions will be answered over the next 35 days.

I haven't been this excited about a season in several years...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74017 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
College football has changed more in the past 5 or so years than all of the prior years together.

Every major broadcaster is all about college football, good reason for that, income. SEC Network not only put money in the SEC’s vaults, made a pretty penny themselves.

Exposure these young men are getting is on a level basically equal to the NFL.

More and more athletes are not only being noticed, the athletes themselves understand what it takes to have the media attach stars beside their names. To get those star ratings means performing at a very high level. Being able to compete in the many “camps” around the country forces these young athletes to “get in” and “stay in shape”.

Little doubt that players are willing to travel great distances to play on
Saturdays. So many qualified D1 players, actually forces players and coaches to make decisions that force the hands of both. Both travel to the many camps. Job requirement.

The videos below are some of the better videos that I have watched. Great talent and very spirited players. College football is as suggested, a totally different game in 2016 than years prior. It will only get bigger, stronger, faster young men from here on out.

A few SEC hopefuls are in the videos.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, scooby

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds