Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73976 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Is there really a ongoing problem with the toilets overflowing? Can any season tickets holders confirm the toilets regularly back up. This is hard for me to believe. I have been to a lot of events over the years. Can't ever remember the toilets overflowing except for one high school game. Just hard for me to believe it's an ongoing thing at Sanford stadium. Anyone?

If this happened once it was probably caused by a stopped up drain line. If it's a problem at every game, the drain line is to small. Might need to call some big dogs from Atlanta, sounds like an injuneer problem.

Edit...also dealt with overflowing toilets at a nascar event. NASCAR and backed up toilets...no good...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73978 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Wartdawg, think you were right. Will post this as it was published by the AJC and a UGA grad.

There is a time to be "factual" and there is also a time to be "silly".

ugafans.blog.ajc.com/2015/01/24/its-past...nic-sanford-stadium/

More
7 years 9 months ago #73979 by scooby
Does not answer my question...

Does the sewer pipe routinlely back up? That is a public Heath "situation". If I was a bama fifty year season ticket holder I would tell nick (not that he would care) to get bent if the toilets backed up at all home games. I ain't walking in piss while wearing sandles. I just can't believe this happens in Athens and am calling bs.

More
7 years 9 months ago #73980 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Your question could be answered by Greg McGarity, Athletic Director, give him a call.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73981 by scooby

Buc wrote: Your question could be answered by Greg McGarity, Athletic Director, give him a call.

I don't really care enough to pursue with Greg. Doubt he would take my call anyhow. If he did I'd expect to hear it backed up one time.

Just stating my opinion that it's hard to believe. I'd just turn my tickets in, not sure why others would accept. Also wonder where the overflow sewage flows? Does it drip down to lower levels?

Edit... I can accept the bathrooms need renovating. I can't believe the toilets routinely overflow dumping pee on the floor. Someone tell me the toilets routinely overflow during games, and I will hang my head in shame.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73982 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I agree with Scooby that it is time we documented this. There is
no excuses for unsanitary conditions at Sanford stadium.

We can't put a camera in the bathrooms. We can have someone go through them and photo the situation and floor. No privacy invasion, just the facts.

Does anyone have an actual example. The bathroom location?

Come on folks. If you go in one of these flooded bathrooms send a picture to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We have got to put an end to this.

EDIT: The length of time this has been an issue is a point well made about caring about the fans and management.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds