Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 9 months ago #73955 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Another action packed week for our football program…..

Not going to speak about how the JL story may have been handled in the past…. More focused on the statements of our new HC…

JL is a young man with a problem… we are not tossing him overboard…

What he needs is intensive help and love…. To work his way away from his demon…. You can say it’s a life changing decision….

The football stuff will work it’s self out…. JL is at a crossroad in his life.. Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his support group for success…..

It has been several weeks that I have spoken about recruiting in the BPS…

Well looks like we will be speaking about recruiting and the success we are having weekly….. going forward….

Buc and Growl….. your are leading the charge smiling...over our new OL commitment ….. and a blue chip DE ….who looks to be a beast in the making for LB….. Jarvis Jones..with more speed and size…. Whoa Nellie..

The bleeding hearts …..no answer to the recruiting success that has swept into our program….

I am sure it’s just because of the IPF….hmmmmm…..

It was no surprise to me that CKS handled the SEC Media days with class. No coach speak just CKS at his best speaking about his love for Georgia . It has been written that CKS is forming our program in his image…. Not a bad thing……

Find it interestingly that the Hog’s HC had to take another shot over the CSP issue….extreme sour grapes…. I hope he lasts in Fayetteville long enough for us to play them again….. payback on the field…the very best kind.. Some people aren’t happy unless there is a turd in the punchbowl…

Under 60 days until kickoff….. I can’t remember a faster passing of time since our bowl game…..

Living in Athens…. I can say there has been no drop in interest in our football program over the summer…...just focused on working on getting better…. IMO recruiting has taken great strides in building quality depth…. Need the horses to put in harness to get the job done..truth….

Pause and give thanks

Greg you and your fellow Vets stay well…. Season is going to rock.. getting close to gear up time…

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs” !!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73958 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Real good read yankeedawg1.

I am going to the VA today, will get a chance I hope to see Greg. Lots of "stuff" going on in the Veterans Administration that needs special attention. Leave that alone for now, reminds me of too many miscues in Athens over a period of time. Sad day for many Veterans feeling hopeless, and for good reason . . . . change is also needed in "higher places".

yd1, it is of great interest to me as to who will play at what position. So much talent. Regardless of what is being said in the press, the change in coaches will take some "figuring out" before Atlanta. Kirby Smart alluded to that in Hoover, Alabama.

Little doubt that Smart and Pruitt have some of the same tendencies, but there are others on the coaching staff that are in Athens because "they" have a certain way to coach. Pretty simple actually, that is why Coach Smart hired them. All of the new folks are not from Tuscaloosa. :)

You and I are both long enough in the tooth yd1 to understand that some folks find it impossible to let "things go". Find myself in that bracket at times.

College football is a "business". Those that coach college football are also in the "business world". One needs only to look at the salaries of those that coach and some that draw down because they are Athletic Directors.

Facilities on most campuses are just short of the comforts of the Taj Mahal.

Young men and women are getting the opportunity of their lives. They work hard, but that is part of the opportunity. Those that don't recognize the opportunity often find themselves on the corner or under bridges. Leads me to this . . . . like reading what you had to say about Jonathan Ledbetter. Turning point in his life. He does not need to get strike three. Kirby Smart will teach him and lead him in the right direction. Kirby's nature.

You said and I am simply agreeing with you.

JL is a young man with a problem… we are not tossing him overboard…

What he needs is intensive help and love…. To work his way away from his demon…. You can say it’s a life changing decision….

The football stuff will work it’s self out…. JL is at a crossroad in his life.. Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his support group for success…..

Thanks again for the BPS.

Go Dawgs :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #73960 by Buc
Nice work Jeff Sentell. Enjoyed this interview with Jaden Hunter. Would like to see more of this with others either on campus or heading to Athens.

www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/w...-legacy-jaden-hunter

This is what Jaden Hunter does when "dressed out" . . . .

www.hudl.com/video/3/3047858/5721ca46041ddc1b00615267

More
7 years 9 months ago #73961 by Buc
If you haven't watched the video/interview that Sentell did with Jaden, hope you will go to the 55:00 minute mark and listen to what a heavily recruited young man had to say about "recruiting".

Not a bunch of "stuff" coming from the outside, Jaden tells it just as he sees it, and is still going through those that want him to flip.

A solid young "pup" that is going to not only make "Mom and Family" proud, same will go for those of us that have watched, donated and "tried" to be a part of the University of Georgia.

One other comment . . . . Jaden Hunter refers to the "future" of UGA Football in the interview. That is music to my ears. Not about "me", all about "we".

Again, nice piece of work Jeff Sentell.

55:00 minute mark on the video. :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #73963 by Buc
Media "giants" have made Smart and Company's day. Coaches have to be saying to those that "think they know", this . . . . Thank You!

Kirby loves hearing the "stuff" about the "Checkerboards" being the best in the East side of the SEC. Also likes hearing those that truly do not have a clue rating Florida above Georgia.

Smart and Company first off have talented players. Secondly, Smart and Company are being coached for the first time in many years by a group of coaches that have "direction". Might be the first time "ever" there was a "complete" group of coaches in Athens. That goes back, way back many years.

We have three (3) quarterbacks that can line up and play in the SEC. To what degree, not yet decided. Reason? The coaching staff at UGA has not had 'STABILITY' forever.

This is for the "Checkerboards" . . . . Check your latest recruiting stats. Meaning, past the 2016/17 Season. Media not saying much, but . . . . Butch Jones "has" to make a run this season. 2017 on, who the hell knows, maybe Lane Kiffin returns . . . . I love saying that. Think UGA had problems with coaching, check out the dismal showing since Butch Jones took over for you know who.

I remember this . . . . they still have our once upon a time "defensive coordinator" still coaching in Knoxville. Fired by Mark Richt . . . . WOW! Promoted to the defensive coordinator's position by Mark Richt . . . . think about that . . . . I have. Any wonder the "bleeding hearts" have become "silent"?

Yes, Mark Richt is a 'GOOD MAN'.

Want to discuss SEC Football? Will do that if you "bleeding hearts" can come out of "hiding". Yes, hiding. Not too many of you left to defend you stance some years back. Check the records after 2006/2007 until the dismissal. Not a pretty picture.

Said a long time back, some of us took a serious amount of "stuff" from the "bleeding hearts", who once upon a time were happy with the direction UGA was on, more than 8/9 wins a year. Mark Richt did not know how to win against "serious competition". Mark Richt was and is a offensive coordinator. Soon enough the "U" will come to understand that Mark Richt is more about "fluff" than playing against "real competition".

Right now the "U" is calling for folks that played many years ago to come in and help Richt and his group move Miami forward. A very good friend of mine that is a "media person" has doubts at this point.

Black Jerseys have not and will not beat "any" top notch football team. Players can be involved with "certain things", but HEAD COACHES have to understand what it takes to win. It is not "Black Jerseys", especially when lining up against teams like Alabama.

Four (4) million eh Mark . . . . ? Hired those that you are comfortable with in the "new job". Some things never change. Pink slip again?

Kirby Smart's first year in Athens as head coach. Mark Richt's first year in Miami as head coach . . . . check the 2017, not the 2016 recruits out . . . . is there not a story there?

Will not apologize for this reason for the above. I read "everything" on many different sites, still see an occasional read that holds on to the Mark Richt 15 years in Athens, and the "overall record". Take some time and check out 2006/7 years forward.

It was time for Mark Richt to leave. Thank you goes out to the men that wore the pads in Athens that said enough is enough. Yes, there was one that did not agree . . . . Francis.

Francis put some "coin" up to have his name displayed on the IPF . . . . Jeremy Pruitt opened his mouth and moved the IPF forward. Pruitt's words have FANS involved in "our team".

By the way Greg McGarity . . . . pissers fixed?

About fifty (50) or so days left, what say you McGarity/Mahogany Row? Are we allowed to move up and use your pissers? Just a thought. Not all of the FANS make over one half million a year. Some of you, much more than that. ROLL CALL . . . . :whistle:

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73964 by Buc
Have been holding off on this post . . . . bothers me.

Media came out "fast and hard" saying this game was sold out. Quicker than any opening day game in 2016.

This is the kind of "BS" that "filters" through the "truth".

This is the kind of "stuff" that FANS have been led to believe is the "truth".

Simple question . . . .

Do those in charge believe that "we, FANS" are "simple simons".

If you read Dawgs.com, there will always be a "gut check". Those that played the game understand "gut check".

Real simple conclusion to this . . . . they lied.

If we (FANS) want to be led, speak for yourself. I choose not to be led.

Press is now going to put the pressure on "Kirby". Bet this, "Kirby" has broad shoulders.

Still waiting on a couple of folks that have posted on Dawgs.com for a long time that warned us that releasing Mark Richt would "cost our program". You know who you are, many of us know who you are.

Silence is "Golden". :)

www.sicemdawgs.com/2016/07/georgia-relea...%28Sicemdawgs.com%29

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds