Forum

"Stuff" . . . . UGA "Stuff"

7 years 9 months ago #73925 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic "Stuff" . . . . UGA "Stuff"
Reading different sites, some seem to suggest 10-2 being possible. Some of the same sites soon after Smart and Company were formed and in place posted the win/loss record between 8 and 9 wins.

Funny thing about football, a bounce or two can make or break a season.

Latest 24/7 Team Ratings . . . .

247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Coach Pittman really wanted Andrew Thomas, worked hard, and as he said often to Andrew, come to Georgia, you are our left tackle. Those are words coming from a man that understands how to build an offensive line.

Foundation(s) being laid on both sides of the ball.

www.hudl.com/video/3/2883797/5721dbbb19a53e2a187e799c

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73926 by Buc
Below are the most recent comments by the head coach and player involved.

++++++++++++++++

"Certainly we are disappointed and recognize he has a serious problem,” Smart said. “We have provided help for him previously and we are committed to providing whatever assistance is necessary for Jonathan that will contribute to immediate improvement but also ensure that his long-term well-being is secure.”

Ledbetter was first arrested in March on charges of underage possession of alcohol and possession of false identification. Those charges were dropped because it was determined that the arresting officer performed an unlawful search of Ledbetter's person.

Early Sunday morning Ledbetter was found asleep in his car at a red light by police after they responded to a call about a car blocking traffic. He then took two breathalyzer tests and failed both, blowing a .131 and a .138. The legal limit in Georgia is .08.

“First I want to apologize to my family, my teammates and coaches, the University and the Bulldog Nation,” Ledbetter said. “I have a problem and have received an incredible amount of support and treatment through the Athletic Department for the problem. For that I am thankful. I ask for everyone’s support as I continue to receive additional treatment for this disease and work toward a healthy life.”

++++++++++++++++

Have read several posts elsewhere that are ready to put an end to Ledbetter's football career in Athens.

Speak only for myself and some comments that I have read . . . . I like the action being taken to rehabilitate this young man. Put him out, on the street, only thing accomplished is "zero".
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73927 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic "Stuff" . . . . UGA "Stuff"
The main problem is not the kid, but the environment in Athens, Ga. Three or four bars on every street, every frat party heavy on booze .
Come on he is a kid without direction in"liberty village" time to have fun.
He may have a drinking problem, but why didn't the first go round of instruction & therapy help the situation? AA would be a good choice for this young man. He should be made to sit out this coming season & get his act together. I'm all for helping him get his problem under control. Let's get real folks. Rehab him but no football this season.
Just my thoughts, as always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 1999

More
7 years 9 months ago #73928 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic "Stuff" . . . . UGA "Stuff"
Just to bring you up to date. I was in Athens for 8 years. Clarke county was dry, no hard booze. Beer & wine was all you could get unless you drove to Fulton county or cross the border to SC, Anderson to be except.
Beer was available at the Snack Sack, Tony's & the varsity in downtown Athens. Harry's Driven in in five points also had beer available. I worked there while in Vet School & it was a favorite hang out of the coaches & their ring leader Dan Migill. I wish I had a recorder to pick up some of the conversations at Harry's on Mondays or Tuesdays nights. Time marches on so Move Tone news says. I would also like to say GOODBY to everyone on dawgs.com, especially my old friend NCDawg.
Sorry just had enough of all the negative stuff & repeat stuff on this board. As always GO DAWGS!!!!!!! although it may be the Yale bulldogs

Member since 1999

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73929 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic "Stuff" . . . . UGA "Stuff"
DawgDoc, It sounds to me like you are talking about all the election negativity. Anyway, it is always good to hear from you.

IMO...

Yeah, Athens is a drinking town, or was. The watering holes are still there and the lure through media and peer pressure is great.

Now days alcohol is looked upon as a disease and curable. It has been accepted as a narcotic and addictive. AA is a way to go but now days medical help is much more capable. Therapy (or AA) and medication is a cure to help these addicts get off the juice.

I understand the frustration, the fact that it is summer and hardly anyone is posting. I understand all the wounds the MR people are licking. It is Dog Days in the south and everyone is irritable.

All I can say is lighten up, let the new coaches do their thing and look forward to a new season of Dawg football.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73930 by Buc
The link below has several videos about Georgia Football. If you have not seen these, take a look.

espn.go.com/blog/colleges/georgia/

EDIT: If you haven't read the article below posted by Kimberley Nash, aka The Ladysportswriter, another good piece of work. She seems to have a habit of "getting it right".

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football...es-and-consequences/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds