Forum

"Stuff" . . . . UGA "Stuff"

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73919 by Buc
"Stuff" . . . . UGA "Stuff" was created by Buc
“Stuff” that I think about.

Since Smart and Company took over, yep “took over”, it is hard not to recognize just how effective the “change” has been.

Read any other site, and there are a lot of them, constant chatter about the talent level the University of Georgia is recruiting. Not “lip service” recruiting, down to earth hard work recruiting.

UGA at the present has been very impressive with the number of rated football players they have signed and those that have a strong possibility of playing in the Classic City.

Correct me if I am wrong . . . . Has anyone on this board ever seen the scheduled visits and visits not talked about or known that these young men have taken since Smart and Company “went to work”?

Whether UGA ends up as the top rated recruiting university in 2017 or somewhere close to that, I strongly believe it will be a university such as Alabama or (hate to say this) Ohio State that ranks above us. This is happening with a “first time head coach in the SEC”. Call it anything we want, that is a fact.

Much of what I read about talent going to Alabama or Ohio State seems to always go something like this . . . . “I chose Alabama/Ohio State because I want to play for a National Championship”. Ring familiar?

Some of the first words out of Kirby Smart’s mouth were . . . . “We are going to play for championships”. He did not say . . . . Win the East Side of the SEC. Remember who said that “every year”, basically the past ten (10) years. I do.

Also remember this . . . .

What will happen to Georgia Football Recruiting if Mark Richt is “released”? Post after post, especially in the AJC said it would take UGA “years” to recover. I know some of those that posted that, not here, maybe one or two, but elsewhere, leads me to this question . . . .

Why are you so “silent now”? Could it possibly be that you do not understand football past Football 101?

Will add this . . . . 36869 you were spot on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73920 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic "Stuff" . . . . UGA "Stuff"
Lifted this from Jeff Sentell's article . . . . Earlier in another thread had mentioned Toneil Carter and my wishes for him to play in Athens.

“They produce a lot of running backs, I like their offense and coach (Dell) McGee is the icing on the cake,” Carter said.

He clarified just how much his relationship has grown with McGee along his recruitment.

“He’s a good spiritual father (and) also (like) a physical father,” Carter said. “He treats me like I am his son.”

The hudl video below I did not lift from the AJC, spend a lot of time on hudl as those in the "media" do. Carter does not seem to get tackled from behind.

Thanks again RCIII.

www.hudl.com/video/3/2893060/5721bda60428ae20e4b42746

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73921 by Buc
Some say 4.5 in the forty then others . . . .

www.hudl.com/athlete/2893060/toneil-carter

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73922 by Buc
Realizing that much can change and will before recruiting is over for a certain period, I follow this particular "star rating" on 24/7 closely. Have come to the realization that 24/7 is the most comprehensive site for college football in the media. Notice that other media sites often use the 24/7 material.

247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Compo...kings?Conference=SEC

There is no way that we (UGA) would be rated where we are if changes had not been made.

Know that I keep repeating myself, however this group of coaches are doing what Kirby Smart said he was setting out to do and hired the coaches that fit into his game plan.

Ask myself this question every time a young man decides to don the UGA cap . . . . Is this a fluke? One time deal? Could say and agree with those questions for many years, on the negative side.

Have never been more ready to "fall in line" than I am now. We truly have a head coach that understands "DEPTH". Never liked the "two year, or next year plan" for the past 15 years. At this time, ready to accept the "two year plan". I do realize that the "Depth Chart" is not yet fully filled. I have no doubts that will happen and remain "filled" under Smart and Company.

Not going to say too much about this coach right now, have mentioned him a few times since he became a part of Smart and Company . . . . James Coley, what an absolute great choice by Kirby Smart hiring this man/coach. Those of us in Florida hear a lot of very positive talk about him. Say again, hope we can keep Coach Coley for a long period, just know that he is a rising star and will offered many times by serious D1 universities.

Florida State would love to have him back. One of the very best recruiters in South Florida . . . . and that is not the only area in Florida. Did not fit into Richt's hirings in Miami. The beat goes on.
Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73923 by Buc
I really hope that the folks are right when casting their vote for Toneil Carter selecting UGA.

247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Toneil-C...entExpertPredictions

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73924 by Buc
What a great commitment, yep I think so.

Looking back at the running backs over the years, also looking back at the offensive lines that Matt Stinchomb and others have said recently were ignored by those running "our program". Simply because they did not understand all of the "parts".

Coach Sam Pittman will without a doubt put what the "media refers to as motor graders" along the front.

Can only imagine what the running backs could have accomplished if they had "motor graders" on the front.

Watched Jake Fromm today. Really showed his butt in Oregon. Jake Fromm is the real deal, not a doubt. Watched him when the ball was in play. Jake does not give away where the ball is going leaving his hand. Think about that. "Nervous Feet" . . . . nope.

Will we get every offensive lineman we want, nope. Bet this . . . . we will not "slack" on our recruiting of the offensive line. Preached that for years on Dawgs.com. Think my time to move away from the pulpit happened when Coach Sam Pittman was chosen by Head Coach Kirby Smart to leave Arkansas and put his "finger in the dike" in the Classic City.

Like this 2016 Coaching Staff, and the 2016 Players. Might surprise some, such as Butch Jones and his group. Just saying . . . . Much has changed in seven(7) months.

www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/fo...-support-kirby-smart

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds