Forum

Thoughts on UGA Football Future

7 years 9 months ago #73906 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts on UGA Football Future
Still a lot of players that played their game in Georgia, and . . . .

Finally we have a "large number" of the talent at least taking a "serious look" at the State University.

When I look at the young men that are taking a serious look at the "coaching change", moving Greg McGarity off of his butt and "begging" for dollars to make sure the Indoor Practice Facility can reach the 30 million dollar plus figure that "McGarity" likes to throw our way, as if he finally has pulled his lips back, (pouting) and the earth is being moved. Thank you again Coach Jeremy Pruitt. Say that often, will continue to do so.

How is the plumbing coming along for the FANS, Greg?

Using a word that Scooby used a while back . . . . I "chuckle" when McGarity's name is mentioned. Reason? The gators do not want him back. He is wrapped up in the arms of Mahogany Row.

Back to football, not pissers.

Hard for me to not be excited about what I have seen since Smart and Company arrived. No damn way does Mark Richt improve "our" program the way Kirby is doing. Anyone supporting the UGA Football Team, probably do not look at what is going on in South Florida.

Coach James Coley understood that Mark Richt could not and would not reach the heights that he wants to reach. Coach Coley is one of the best recruiters, period. Coach Coley is solid as a rock in South Florida. These are the type coaches that Mark Richt does not want on his staff. They threaten his stance as a head D1 football coach. FACT.

Stop with this . . . .

Read a site today that I read often. I have that kind of "time". A short exchange between two of the sites regulars. One of the long timers on that site was playing the "bleeding heart" . . . . aka Mark Richt.

Another blogger that had been a "bleeding heart" forever, came up and said sorry, I was wrong and so are you.

Hard not to be "appreciate improvement" . . . . regardless of where it comes from.

247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Jeremiah...entExpertPredictions

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73907 by Buc
Get a certain amount of pleasure when I watch a video that shows the real character of a player. Fromm is straight forward, talented and he will be in the mix for playing time. Competition as we all know breeds success. Believe our newest signees at the QB position understand competition.

If you have not watched the video below, might take a look.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73908 by Buc
Towers of the AJC had this to say in a recent article . . . .

I was asking Mr. Eason this week about his son’s summer. As media members, we haven’t talked to Jacob or any of the early-enrollee freshmen since early February. And we probably won’t speak to them again until after the games start this fall, and then only if they made plays or some kind of impact in those contests. That’s just UGA and coach Kirby Smart’s policy.

That is Kirby Smart's policy. Was predicted on Dawgs.com as soon as Kirby Smart put a foot down in Athens. Kirby Smart will run the UGA Football Team, all phases of the football program. Welcome again Smart and Company, leadership finally arrived. Kirby Smart will not be lured into the media "stuff". He has been around more experienced media in the past year(s) at Alabama than he will face in Athens.

Go Dawgs, as Jake Fromm said in the video above. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73909 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Thoughts on UGA Football Future
Towers probably needs to invest in a large supply of Midol.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 9 months ago #73910 by Buc
Chief, Pouty said some of the same "stuff" under the last coaching group in Athens. Found himself being less than liked. Did not take him long to reverse his words.

Say again . . . . Kirby Smart will not be influenced by anyone outside of the "Group". Yes, Greg McGarity is a part of the "Group", however Mahogany Row realize they now have the "crown jewel" and that "crown jewel" goes by the name of Kirby Paul Smart.

Kirby Paul Smart will crawl "anyone's backside" that in any way interferes with what he has set out to do. Kirby knows what is expected and took the job ready to "handle" all facets that will certainly surround UGA Football. Some in the media will soon find that to be true. Probably at the first press conference after the season starts.

What is not to like about Kirby Paul Smart?

Go Dawgs :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73911 by Buc
Once upon a time the following wish would be placed in the Recruiting Section of Dawgs.com. Going to break from that in this case.

I would love to see Nate McBride playing on the same team with Robert Beal. Why? Because these are the type players that have separated not only Georgia and Alabama, but Alabama and the rest of college football.

Jeremy Pruitt is the coach that is recruiting McBride. That scares me, even though Nate is one of our home grown players.

Many on this board are not old enough to have watched Tommy Nobis play for the Falcons . . . . I was and did. While Nate McBride is faster, stronger and larger than Tommy Nobis, one thing that I see from watching video of both . . . . they love(d) the game, if you are on the opposing team, they are out to destroy you. Do not mean the word destroy to be hateful, mean playing football at your/their abilities to have an impact on the outcome.

Not down playing the talent that I know is in Athens now and those that would play with both Beal and (maybe) McBride.

Believe most of us, especially on this board are in agreement that we have turned the page, also realizing that there are more pages to be turned. That will happen. Smart and Company are spot on at this point, no reason to believe that UGA will be "noticeably" different from September 3, 2016 on . . . . I believe, and that is hard for someone my age to fall in line with.

247sports.com/Player/Nate-McBride-62157

247sports.com/player/robert-beal-80050

Edit . . . .
www.hudl.com/video/3/2876161/5721b13f041ddc1b00382a5b

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds