Forum

Thoughts on UGA Football Future

7 years 9 months ago #73912 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts on UGA Football Future
Sometimes I have a problem when I read paragraphs like the one below.

He’s rated as a defensive end, but look for him to be an outside linebacker in Athens. It makes sense. Look at the plays on his film. He’s just better suited at nearly 6-foot-4 and 230 pounds to be a linebacker instead of having his hand on the ground.

He being Robert Beal.

Seems when I read some of what the media puts out for us, they are not fully informed when describing personnel and lining up in a 3/4 or a 4/3. Do they not understand that what is being brought to Athens is nothing more than an instant call from the defensive coordinator shifting one (1) player from the line to linebacker? Or, linebacker shifting to the defensive line. Defensive football 101.

Smart and Company have made it clear to all who will listen . . . . We are going to recruit a different type of player to fit our schemes. That applies to the defense as well as the offense. Kirby Smart likes playing with five (5) defensive backs, sometimes more.

I agree with one thing that was said in the paragraph above . . . . Look at the videos. I will add this . . . . look at the videos after Robert Beal leaves IMG and moves to Athens. He will not be the same Robert Beal we see today. Body structure will change, big time. Taking bets on Beal being 6'4" and 230lbs being different a year from now.

Yes Scooby, sometimes I "chuckle".
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73913 by Buc
View what Jeremy Pruitt started by going against Mahogany Row.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73915 by Buc
Roquan Smith . . . . FOOTBALL PLAYER.

Roquan was injured in the Spring, really looking forward to Fall Camp and his return. Smart and Company are going to use this young man in many different situations. Super talented.

Recruiting excites most of us every year. Since we have had a coaching change, really is super exciting. A boat load of talent remains in Athens, and I have no fears that they will be coached up.

www.hudl.com/video/3/1519436/5721e9e7041ddc1b007ffaad

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73918 by Buc
If there are four or five running backs in the country that are better than Toneil Carter, have watched a lot of film . . . . I don't think so.

Toneil hits the hole as quick as anyone I have watched in a long time. Young man is a burner, and does not shy away from contact.

Crossed fingers Toneil Carter ends up in Athens.

www.hudl.com/video/3/2893060/5721bda60428ae20e4b42746

In the video below, Toneil Carter is listed as 6'1" 200+lbs. Runs a 4.4 forty or less.

n.rivals.com/content/prospects/3615

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds