Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73875 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

yankeedawg1 wrote: The recruiting still

This time next week we will be in July and just a short 4 weeks and fall camp will be getting ready to launch…

Pause and give thanks….

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always….. “Go Dawgs””

YD1,

Can't wait. I have been incredibly busy as of late, but the prospect of getting into real football and seeing what Smart & Co. have in store for this season just brings an electricity to my world.

I'm with Buc - I don't expect "miracles," but I think it determines how one defines "miracle." I think this season is going to be full of miracles - a miracle of hearing real football talk from our HC, a miracle of holding players and personnel to a higher standard than has been seen in Athens in ages, a miracle of no more pooch kicks, a miracle of clock management, a miracle of intelligent game play, a miracle of having a program that actually cares about its offense line and defense line play, a miracle of witnessing hard frickin' work day in and day out, and a miracle of being able to have a true excitement about starting a season - none of which have been present for a very long time.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #73876 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
A big 10-4 SD.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

7 years 9 months ago #73877 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Good to see you back SouthernDawg.

Have been paying close attention to the teams in the East that we will face off with in 2016. Truthfully, do not see any pushovers. While some years Kentucky and Vanderbilt are not as loaded as some of the others, they have young men that are "playing in the SEC".

gators are making a mark in Florida with their new coach. McElwain and Smart coached together under Saban, everyone knows that. Both are actually friends and have great respect for the others coaching abilities.

Muschamp has some "stuff" to do in Columbia, but he will make the Gamecocks a better defensive team than they have been in the recent past.

Know that many on this board recognize the need for the offensive and defensive fronts, as you pointed out. Going to be a difference in the way I watch UGA play from here on out . . . . ground has been laid for the future. There might be some coaching changes here and there, but Kirby is going to make sure we have depth on both sides of the ball.

Back to the East side of the SEC . . . . coaching changes alone make for improvement. West has been solid for quite a while, now the East steps up, going to be a "solid" SEC. I really like that.

Talk that I am involved in many times comes down to UGA and UF. Both universities are going to be "solid" for a long time. I enjoy watching talented teams face off. Both of these teams are going to have some big time face offs that will keep all of us "chirping".

Coach Sam Pittman is now one of my favorites. Did not want to see Coach Will Friend leave, but . . . . Kirby Smart knew exactly what was needed to move our program forward.

End with this . . . . I have no doubt that the young men choosing UGA to play for will not regret that choice. If they have the ability to move on to the NFL, this group of coaches will help them reach their dream(s). Sold on this coaching staff and supporting staff that most of us don't really know. They are incredibly important to UGA Football.

High Fives to all . . . .

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061210aaa.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 9 months ago #73878 by Buc

More
7 years 9 months ago #73879 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
He seems like an okay guy to me. Just reading his resume and he lettered on the uga tennis team.

Everybody complains everywhere about the ad when the basketball or football teams don't win as much as desired. Even at my Podunk almamater. To me, the main job of the ad is to keep the fb and bb coaches from breaking rules in their desire to win. Actually keep all of the coaches following the rules.

When the coaches make ten times more dough than the ad or university president it's easy to see what is the most important.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73880 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Have mentioned several times that I am as excited as I have ever been with the UGA Football Program. Warms my heart to read words from young men that have been on campus and spoke with the players already there.

There is a reason for this excitement, and many of us understand why.

Good read and video of Tyler below. Copied the paragraph below from the article.

"They are recruiting me pretty hard," Tyler said. "I have been there 3-4 times. They (the players) tell me they are really excited for the new coaching staff, and they seem to love the place, from what I can tell. I am sure they are not just being told to recruit me. I feel like they are speaking from the heart."

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-pushi...e-four-star-45865532

www.hudl.com/athlete/4619358/highlights/289886379

Scooby, McGarity has said he has plans to remain in Athens. Mark Richt said the same. Do not wish anyone a hard row to hoe, just like for folks to do their job.

How are the urinals coming along Greg? Does that fit in your pay grade? Over half a million a year. FANS produce that money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds