Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 9 months ago #73869 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

The temperatures continue to be on the warm side…. More like warm….

We have entered summer as of the 21rst so…. It is what it is….
Total shame to see Chad Clay dismissed for stealing a pair of $30.00 headphone… he has several theft charges in the recent past…
Tossing away a scholarship and a future playing SEC football for pennies.. truly sad and such a waste…

The recruiting still is amazing…. Our group of coaches are locked in and working their butts off and it is showing results ….and we are new to the game…. Seems like every top recruit has the Dawgs on their list of schools to play for….. Awesome…

And with that….welcome JR Reed transfer rated 3 stars from Tulsa of will arrive in August ….. coaches always have plan B…. love it…
Growl…. How did your Father’s Day tenderloin go…I betting it was fantastic….

This time next week we will be in July and just a short 4 weeks and fall camp will be getting ready to launch…

Pause and give thanks….

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always….. “Go Dawgs””

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73870 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
The recruiting still is amazing…. Our group of coaches are locked in and working their butts off and it is showing results ….and we are new to the game…. Seems like every top recruit has the Dawgs on their list of schools to play for….. Awesome…

yankeedawg1 copied the above from your BPS. My opinion, just another reason that many have put their arms around the new coaching staff.

Remembering when we lost a player for whatever reason prior to the new group of coaches . . . . woe is me/we seemed to be the reasoning.

Not expecting miracles, but do expect change that was needed badly. For the short time that Smart and Company have "worked" in Athens, so much has happened, much that you and I don't see as yet. That is exciting to me because I know that Smart and Company are working their butts off.

Have been asked privately and will give my thoughts. Using the term Smart and Company. Simple answer . . . . there is much more to what is going on in Athens than what "one person/coach" can do. Using the Smart and Company on occasion in my mind is saying "Team Play". Said before many times, coaches are a "team" also. I like this "team" that has arrived in the Classic City.

Thanks for the BPS yd1.

Go Dawgs :)

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73871 by Buc
Food for thought . . . .

Kirby Smart is again proving he is "smart".

Has left our team some room to bring in young men in case something goes wrong. While JR Reed will have to sit a year, this is a gain for our program. Several ways.

If Smart is as good during "halftimes" as he has been to this point in Athens, looking forward to his future decisions.

Think many of us believe the 2017 Roster is just before exploding with players committing to UGA. Cannot remember many of those that I associate with having this much enthusiasm, maybe ever.

Will we have commits that have high "star" ratings, no doubt. I also believe that the players on our roster that don't have as many stars will be coached to a "higher level". Simple word called "COACHING", or "Coaching Them Up"!

Change is good . . . . :)

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-A-look-...fer-JR-Reed-45957040

Edit . . . . I really like the fact that JR Reed played football in Texas. Top high school football is played in the Lone Star State. Just another pointer that Smart and Company are willing to reach out for talented players. Like it.

More
7 years 9 months ago #73872 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
YD1, Buc, can only agree with what I've seen and heard from our new and improved coaching staff along with most of the new recruits and returning players. Don't remember players from the past that have wanted to stay involved the way HW and AM have.

The Beef Tenderloin was great YD1, so better half has made me promise to do the same for her B-Day.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 9 months ago #73873 by Buc
Growl, really good point on HW and AM. None of the negative "stuff" that FT presented.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
7 years 9 months ago #73874 by Buc
Another reason that I really like Kimberley Nash . . . .

In the article below she does not play "Dodge Ball" . . . . Kimberley has never had a problem pointing a finger at herself. Don't get that from those that cover UGA in the media.

I liked Pruitt/Rocker and Company.

I like Smart and Company, which obviously includes "everyone".

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-recruiti...oach-rocker-told-me/

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds