Forum

Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart

8 years 9 months ago #71359 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
So, what's the consensus here about Smart?

GATA! Woof!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #71360 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
I think we have a "buzz" right now and if we build on that we will nail this recruiting class. The other thing I feel is "energy" back at UGA. I feel like Erk will be smiling down between the hedge, happily cheering on our defense.

Anyone else?

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #71361 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart

RxCowboy wrote: So, what's the consensus here about Smart?

For starters he is as smart as any DC on the planet, he knows how to win and how to prepare young men to win, he maybe the best recruiter in the Nation, he is young and very ambitious. And the fact that he maybe bringing Cochran with him just solidifies how smart he is and how determined he will be on building a powerhouse at UGA.

The fact that he has never been a HC is very concerning to a lot. I personally believe he is as ready to take over at UGA and take us the next level as any HC in the Nation right now. He may not be proven as a HC but you can bet your pay for a year that he is more than ready for this moment or he wouldn't even consider the opportunity. We will contend for the playoffs next year and I honestly believe that. The proof is in the pudding with Smart and we are in great hands for a very long time! He will NOT fail nor let us down as that's not in his DNA...
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 9 months ago #71363 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
How important was it to get someone that is/was already a "Dawg", who understands what "between the hedges" means?

GATA! Woof!

More
8 years 9 months ago #71365 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart

RxCowboy wrote: So, what's the consensus here about Smart?

Long time, no see.
Good to see you back.

More
8 years 9 months ago #71366 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Georgia Bulldog Head Coach Kirby Smart
BulldogShannon, feel that a lot of Erk had been restored with Pruitt/Rocker and Company taking over the defense.

As has been said, if the offense had done a bit more, no telling just how good this 2015 Class defense could have been. Keeping my fingers crossed for our defensive coaches returning.

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds