Forum

The QB Saga !!!!

8 years 8 months ago #68556 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!

sflanagan21 wrote: Sounds like some of you have it all figured out. I'm surprised you're not a HC at a prominent college...

I don't see that anyone has it figured out other than the CMR apologists.

All I know is that we have the talent to win it all this year regardless of who is the QB. But will the coaches step up and prove that they can coach the talent to their full potential to do just that.

The past has shown they cannot.

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68557 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!

sflanagan21 wrote: All I can say is that one I'm glad Bobo is gone and two I'm glad I have faith in our coaches and our kids. Yea CMR has made his mistakes but so has every other coach in the nation. Yea he has done little with a lot as far as the talent he has had over the year goes. But he is our HC and he isn't going anywhere at least not this season. So I'm going to look at the bright side and believe in our program!

With that being said if we fall short of the SEC championship this year then he should be fired. Like everyone else I'm tired of the excuses year after year but I really believe this year is going to be different. I'm not going to say we are going to win a NC but we should be in the final 4 and contending for it this year with the talent we are going to put on the field. I don't think even CMR can stop that from happening.

Again no matter who ends up under center we are going to be better off than we were last year with Mason. I maybe the only one on dawgs.com that is welcoming this QB battle and I hope it goes on through the first game of the season. Well unless one of them pulls away from the pack in the next 3 plus weeks. The cream will rise to the top and all 3 will be better because of this competition and that's the strategity that both Shotty and CMR have with this open competition.

GO DAWGS

Seems to me you got it figured out. Maybe you should apply to be a HC at a major college....

thecountrynation.com

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68558 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
No Kool Aid for me doesn't mean I have a negative attitude. It just means I am cautious and not buying the press PR.

I am always positive about the team and coaches. Sometimes I am critical and disgusted but never negative about the future. I am watching you know who closely hoping things work out for him this year. No pooches.

You guys are making some predictions, serious and humorous. Laugh when you remember them later. They always come out different. No predictions from me, Just hard work this year.

It's college ball. Munson and Grizzard style. Served up with a lot of Varsity dogs, onion rings and frosted oranges.

It only happens at UGA.

GO DAWGS!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

8 years 8 months ago #68559 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic The QB Saga !!!!
:blush: :blush: Do you support this team or not? It's too close to the opening game to be so negative about this season. I don't drink the "cool aid" but I want the best for these kids that wear the Red & Black. Forget pound the "G" just pound the" Silver Helmet", silver britches & red jerseys,black high top shoes & go from there. Sorry old school. My only complient with VD was he changed the uniforms . Nothing wrong with what "Wally" put on the field. Just support the Dawgs, that's all I ask. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
8 years 8 months ago #68561 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic The QB Saga !!!!
Now this confuses me, sflanagan....

first, you say this:

No matter who end's up with the starting QB job we will be better off than we were with Mason last year

then this:

I have faith in our coaches and our kids. Yea CMR has made his mistakes but so has every other coach in the nation. Yea he has done little with a lot as far as the talent he has had over the year goes. But he is our HC and he isn't going anywhere at least not this season. So I'm going to look at the bright side and believe in our program!

but two of the potential starting qb's were backing up Mason last year...so if either of them would have been better, how do you have faith in a coach who started the worst of the 3?

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
8 years 8 months ago #68562 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic The QB Saga !!!!
I do believe that our team this year will succeed we have to much talent not too. I am expecting some richting effect but do believe they will overcome it. At the beginning of each season I do take a nip of the cool-aid not enough to get me delirious but just enough to get me excited for the upcoming season. Now with the QB situation that falls squarely on CMR I read somewhere in one of his interviews that he never really had a two QB system Even with DJ he was just trying to get the #2 as many rep's as possible. My question is if that was his philosophy then why did he stop. Because if he had continued we would not be in this position now. I do think he has already made a opinion of who is the starter not sure why the shell game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds