Forum

Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

11 years 5 months ago #50047 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
AllDawgs5, coming from you, it is appreciated. Know that I am 1,000 years young but my high school coach who played on the 1946 UGA team believed in standing your ground. Probably some of the drills that we did then, 1950's, are not allowed today. I took what my coach taught me and used it in my long life. He was right, stand your damn ground only good things come from that lesson.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #50051 by Buc
Read this article below by Chip Towers, not long into the article could feel my blood pressure rising. Here comes Greg McGarity spinning about the importance (or not) of the game in JAX. Read what Richt and McGarity have to say then check out what the players have to say.

"Party Line" is out again. Did not take management long to try and quell the uprising by many fed up Bulldog Faithful. Athletic Director trying to cover the mistakes being made by the head coach. Strange to me that Greg McGarity is out publicly just prior to a game that carries a lot of meaning trying to tell us all is ok.

How many times do the folks in charge of the football program at UGA think that they can get away with the same "Party Line".

Let me put it this way Richt/McGarity/Adams . . . . if this one game does not mean that much to the supporters of both programs, let's drop the JAX meeting place and swith to home and home. Speak to that administration. Silence is deafening.

blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/10/26...logs_uga_sports_blog

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #50052 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

I don't guess UF thinks its so important either.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
Attachments:

More
11 years 5 months ago #50053 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
I'd bet mcgartiy thought it was importatnt when he was at FU and winning all of them.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
11 years 5 months ago #50054 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
Buc, loved your main post, got my adrenalin up and hair's on the back of my neck standing. Great post, hope the players read it 10 times, no, MEMORIZE it.

I hope I'm wrong but I can think of two possible reasons we don't match up.....

1. Special teams....total mismatch
2. OL.....praying for a MIRACLE that we can remotely block them

Everywhere else, we are much better.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 5 months ago #50055 by Buc
wlayton, both of us living in Florida and being flooded with information, one thing gives me just a small bit of hope.

While the gators have a swift defensive line, if ever our OL had a chance it would be from straight ahead power football. Think that our young backs are going to stand up in this game. I worry of course about fumbles, especially from rookies.

One of the things that Muschamp teaches (other than Special Teams . . . had to say that) and teaches well is stripping the football. We will see the gators trying their best to strip the ball all day. It is a mind set with them.

If weather permits, think that we see a lot of man coverage from gators and this truly could be a special day for tightends, if we ever use them. Their linebacking corps is good, have to get them out of the box, can't think of a better way than using our TE's.

AM cannot come out and play like he has in the past. Must let the game come to him, he is the leader, whether we agree with that or not.

NEWS FLASH . . . watching the UT/SC game in my man cave, looks like Lattimore has that same knee busted up again. Don't like it.

sadlerdawg, as usual you are right. Know that you are not buying what is being said . . . . again. They must really think that they can continue on the same path. 12 years is enough.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds