Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

11 years 6 months ago #49146 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
IMO, it looked like Bobo went back into his old conservative play calling habits.

It seems UT hemmed up Jarvis pretty well because I didn't see him involved in many tackles.

I'm afraid the Dawgs exposed their weakness to the chickens. Hope not.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49147 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Some are saying poor coaching, but please be more specific.

I give a pass to AM for the tip ball for a pick-six. Not the fumble!!

We had a freshman screw up on a blocking assignment that caused the other fumble.

We had no turnovers in the second half. That to me is the coaches fixing things at half time.
We had a total of 6 penalties for 40 yards. Our penalty situation is a lot better this year. Shows more discipline.

I was and still a little frustrated with the defense on Saturday. Think a lot work still needs to be done. CTG with his experience maybe saving looks for SC, but our lack of stopping the run, scares me. Our DB's are suspect as well.

That being said, I believe getting up by so many points early hurt our mind set, we played the 2nd quarter like they were going to roll over, and they didn't. I think the defense and offense went vanilla in the 2nd. That is my only issue with the coaching on Saturday, and that is we called plays like we were scared, and not aggressive..

My two cents...

I'm encouraged, but still cautiously Excited!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

More
11 years 6 months ago #49149 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Happy with the win, disappointed with some of the stupid plays. It all started when Mitchell ran away fromt he punt and let them down it inside the one. I can't blame that on coaching. I know Mitchell has been coached up. I have heard CMR address this exact problem. When that happened, an OC has no choice but to try to get some room pounding the rock. Then, the kickoff to Gurley. That was just a tough situation. Hopefully, a learning experience for a young pup.

Overall, I was very happy with the offensive production. Have a couple of studs at RB, and a great leader in AM. Have to go back to remembering that coming back to the huddle with the ball is the most important thing. Clean up the little things.

Defense, very disappointed again. Seemed to me we were way to concerned about making sure ut's passing game didn't beat us. I saw a couple of occasions where we had 5 guys covering 2. Didn't seem sharp on the blitz schemes and seemed to be late on the timing.

We overcame the mistakes, and found a way to win. Good. CMR seems to be coaching with more emotion which is nice to see. Keep it up.

I like our defense matching up against usc better than ut. Hopefully, we get back to what we do.

Getting ready coaches. I guarantee SS will have his boys ready.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 6 months ago #49151 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Didn't look like Bobo went back to his old play calling to me. They went conservative with the last 1:20 to play and they should have. They calculated they could get the clock down to around the 25 seconds so they ran the ball 3 times. Can't throw in that situation imo....playing percentages usually ='s wins. Thought the play calling most of the game was fine....geez, they had somewhere around 560 yards of offense. Stupid mistakes in receiving the punt by MM put us on the one yard line, what do you call there?.....stupid fielding of a kickoff, put us on the one yard line AGAIN, what do you call there?

NEVER put MM back to receive a punt EVER again.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
11 years 6 months ago #49153 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
We used Branden Smith some on kickoffs last year. We have not seemed to use him this year.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49154 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
I saw where Richt said he'll be happy to just let Rhett McGowan fair catch punts for the rest of the year. Amen, brother Richt. Amen.

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds