Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

11 years 6 months ago #49128 by Mike Honcho
Replied by Mike Honcho on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Missed seeing the game live because of a wedding, but just watched the replay...a few thoughts:

1. We did more to slow ourselves down than TN did...granted the tip on Murray's INT was a good play, but we basically gifted them 20 points...almost half their total.

2. Definitely not satisfied with the showing from our defense, but we just faced one of, if not the best offensive line we'll face all year. Y'all know I pay close attention to what goes on in the trenches and TN has a SOLID group of big men. Not surprised by the lack of sacks...think they've only given up 2 on the season.

3. While we're talking about line play...Theus is still showing a few growing pains (Marshall's fumble) but this o-line that was supposed to be a weakness coming into the season is quickly becoming an asset. They're not there yet, but I've seen steady improvement every week...that I like.

4. One comment about "Gurshall"...my God, theyre freshmen!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mike Honcho
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #49129 by TampaDawg
Replied by TampaDawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Don't know what was all wrong with the defense tonight but I thought I notice Jarvis Jones not going all out tonight on some of the plays. Is he still hurt, is that the reason why, or is it just me seeing something that's not there?

Do yall thing the defense got tired in the second half cause they were out there so long tonight? Because the Dawgs offense was scoring so quick n fast the defense didn't get enough rest?
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Dawg With Style

More
11 years 6 months ago #49130 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

Rdawg wrote: You guys keep saying that "Gurshall" is the real deal. I'll say the same when we go against a GOOD defense.

Gurshall is the real deal. I've seen enough to know that. Yes our o-line has yet to face the best D-lines they will see this year, but what those kids have done so far is absolutely for
real. You don't gash any D in the SEC the way they did without serious skills. Even if our O-line can't move SC around next week; it doesn't mean "Gurshall" isn't better
than advertised. Those two young men are players, and
I'm not going to be a playah hatah.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
11 years 6 months ago #49131 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
we will know exactly where this team is and belongs when the 4th qtr. is over in Columbia east. That my friends will be the game that defines this season. Are we ready? That answer could go both ways. Will the old ball sack out coach CMR?

We have to play smarter football......

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 6 months ago #49132 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
The old ball sack didnt really look like a world beater either in that game against Kentucky. Its going to be a very interesting game for sure. To anyone who doesnt believe that Gurley and Marshall are for real all I can say is you might want to watch closer,some of the moves they have made were not the result of good luck. Sure this team is young in places, got to coach em up,but,overall I think they have been holding their own and giving a good account of themselves. Get ready for a big one Dawgs and hunker down one more time. GO DAWGS!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
11 years 6 months ago #49133 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
I expected a close game.
Despite a pathetic kicking game, poor special team play and costly turnovers, we found a way to win the game.
I'll take an ugly win any day against Tennessee.
Ogletree had a great game. The defense stepped up when they had to.
Call me stupid. I feel better about the South Carolina game than I did about the Tennessee game.

More
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds