Forum

Another upgrade

11 years 6 months ago #48830 by Mike Honcho
Replied by Mike Honcho on topic Re: Another upgrade
Agree about the D, thriller...and i do still think CTG is using these non-con games to try out stuff on defense that we'll need for the meat of our schedule...i.e., less concerned about stats as he is building depth/developing schemes. As for the O, the thing I like the best is seeing aspects of no less than three different offensive styles being ran successfully...bread n butter I formation, shotgun pro-style/pistol formation, and 4 receiver spread. Should cause difficulty in game-planning for opposing D's, and should help our o-line by keeping defenses from stacking the box on us or getting too sophisticated with blitz packages. On the subject of our o-line, we definitely need to clean some things up, but I'm proud of our guys, especially the young pups for learning the assignments necessary to run the different formations.

Overall, glad to see an all around "team" that can bail either side out when necessary and not be a liability to the other. Defense has had some hiccups, but we did play the game yesterday without three of our best defenders.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mike Honcho
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #48832 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Another upgrade
Agree with you sadlerdawg.....maybe a little premature but really like the play calling and Bobo utilizing ALL the talent for a change.

I was VERY concerned that in the 1st half, we put ZERO pressure on their QB without Jarvis in the game......against FAU !!! Anybody can move the ball down the field when the QB can stand back there and pick a target.....DB's can't cover all day on a play. We did get pressure in the 2nd half but imo that was due to our depth and wearing them down.

We need others to step up with pressure other than Jarvis. Other sacks in the first 2 games was attributable to Jarvis being in the game and double teamed. Jarvis would appreciate some help.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 6 months ago #48833 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Another upgrade

Mike Honcho wrote: Agree about the D, thriller...and i do still think CTG is using these non-con games to try out stuff on defense that we'll need for the meat of our schedule...i.e., less concerned about stats as he is building depth/developing schemes. As for the O, the thing I like the best is seeing aspects of no less than three different offensive styles being ran successfully...bread n butter I formation, shotgun pro-style/pistol formation, and 4 receiver spread. Should cause difficulty in game-planning for opposing D's, and should help our o-line by keeping defenses from stacking the box on us or getting too sophisticated with blitz packages. On the subject of our o-line, we definitely need to clean some things up, but I'm proud of our guys, especially the young pups for learning the assignments necessary to run the different formations.

Overall, glad to see an all around "team" that can bail either side out when necessary and not be a liability to the other. Defense has had some hiccups, but we did play the game yesterday without three of our best defenders.

Mike, from where I sit, a quality post.

Think that there has been a lot of "game planning" going on through the first three games.

Missouri, caused some concerns for me, but regardless of what their fan base and media hypes had to say after the game was over, the final score did not stack up to what I read on the internet or the way I viewed the game. I would pose this question to the Missouri Tigers . . . . want to play the game again for all the marbles? Missouri, mean this sincerely . . . welcome to the SEC. One flaw . . . the SEC ran Urban Meyer out of the Southeast with the same basic offensive plan that you have.

Mike, really like the word "team". This group of "coaches" and "players" seem to understand the meaning, not sure prior to a year or two back that it meant anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Honcho

More
11 years 6 months ago #48834 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Another upgrade
Another game where our offensive play calling seemed cohesive. Nice to see that. One or two more weeks like that and we may have a gen-U-ine trend going.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
11 years 6 months ago #48835 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Another upgrade

Wartdawg wrote: Another game where our offensive play calling seemed cohesive. Nice to see that. One or two more weeks like that and we may have a gen-U-ine trend going.

Wartdawg, beginning to belive what you said. :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #48841 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Re: Another upgrade
Well we've got to keep it up.

We've had stretches when things have seemed well and then inexplicably gone back into
the 5 play playbook during a critical game.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds