Forum

Another upgrade

11 years 7 months ago #48843 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Another upgrade

Wartdawg wrote: Well we've got to keep it up.

We've had stretches when things have seemed well and then inexplicably gone back into
the 5 play playbook during a critical game.

Exactly wart. This is why I am holding off on Bobo's promotion to coach until after the next three games!!!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #48860 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Another upgrade

sadlerdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: Hmmmmm..........I find it interesting that COACH Bobo (not Bozo) kinda carried us tonight.

While I agree with that statement, and I am prepared to upgrade bobo to Bobo (notice the capitalization), I'm not quite ready to bestow Coach onto him yet. I'll reserve that until after the next 3 games.
I was impressed with his play calling again tonight. Using the run to set up the pass, TE use, FB use, misdirections, intermediate passes, even a swing pass (although Murray owes Gurley a meal for almost getting him killed). All these things that have been absent for years are actually working (go figure).
Nice to see a deviation from the screen, bomb, draw, punt. B)

Interesting link just posted sadlerdawg. Really like comments from McGarity in the article. This one in particular.

“I don’t want money to be a reason somebody sticks around,” McGarity explained. “I don’t want them to stay because of some longevity bonus. I want them to be here because they want to be here.”

blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/09/17...logs_uga_sports_blog

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #48870 by TampaDawg
Replied by TampaDawg on topic Re: Another upgrade

Buc wrote:

sadlerdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: Hmmmmm..........I find it interesting that COACH Bobo (not Bozo) kinda carried us tonight.

While I agree with that statement, and I am prepared to upgrade bobo to Bobo (notice the capitalization), I'm not quite ready to bestow Coach onto him yet. I'll reserve that until after the next 3 games.
I was impressed with his play calling again tonight. Using the run to set up the pass, TE use, FB use, misdirections, intermediate passes, even a swing pass (although Murray owes Gurley a meal for almost getting him killed). All these things that have been absent for years are actually working (go figure).
Nice to see a deviation from the screen, bomb, draw, punt. B)

Interesting link just posted sadlerdawg. Really like comments from McGarity in the article. This one in particular.

“I don’t want money to be a reason somebody sticks around,” McGarity explained. “I don’t want them to stay because of some longevity bonus. I want them to be here because they want to be here.”

blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/09/17...logs_uga_sports_blog

I LIKE this quote from McGarity!!! :)

If you are at UGA for a paycheck only then the Dawgs DON'T need you!!! :angry:

More
11 years 7 months ago #48875 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Re: Another upgrade

sadlerdawg wrote:

Wartdawg wrote: Well we've got to keep it up.

We've had stretches when things have seemed well and then inexplicably gone back into
the 5 play playbook during a critical game.

Exactly wart. This is why I am holding off on Bobo's promotion to coach until after the next three games!!!

Next three games will give us a good measure of where the program is. Going into Jax undefeated is a scary thought. Been there, done that, didn't like the results. So I will concentrate on one game at a time.

There will be several games that will have great significance in determining SEC East standings.
UF vs LSU, Vandy, SC
SC vs MIssou, UGA, LSU, UF, TN
TN vs UGA, MSU, Bama, SC

This is when it gets good. All these games to be played before we get to Jax.

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds