Forum

Caleb

16 years 9 months ago #4878 by Buc
Caleb was created by Buc
This is something that I know all of us were hoping would not happen. These young men have to wake up, playing football at the University does not give them special privileges. Did not see this posted so . . . . .
www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/st...7/0718calebking.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 9 months ago #4882 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Caleb
Is that for real? In NC, you don't need a license to ride a moped. Everybody calls them liquor- sickles since people ride them after losing their license for DWI.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 9 months ago #4883 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic With all due respect,.....
Buc, this \"media event\" and the manner in which the AJC has propagandized it as another step toward a programs downward spiral, speaks volumes about the journalistic intent rather than the seriousness of a crime. OK, I'll concede that knowingly driving on a suspended license isn't the most logical approach, but seriously, tell me how many 18 year olds apply logic? As for the wrong direction charge, again, 18 year old, newly on campus, is there the slightest chance that some confusion was involved here? Lord knows I did the very same thing on a bike in 1984.

While I'll not excuse the allegations, I will however offer the following,...since WHEN did traffic violations merit media coverage? Apparently it does when you play for UGA and fall prey to the voyeuristic journalism of the AJC. To that end, I'll not label Caleb, for this is nothing more than immature judgment put forth for public scrutiny.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
16 years 9 months ago #4886 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re:With all due respect,.....
NC Dawg, hope that I did not give off bad vibes with the post. I truly feel that we have the makings of a national championship, maybe next year, with what looks like another great recruiting effort by the MR regime.

I am 67 next month, grew up in the 50's, if I had been caught doing some things that people did not do in the 50's . . . .supposedly . . . . would have been locked up under the jail. I have been a Dawg for a long time, and love UGA. Also, I understand that times have changed, that includes print media along with the rest. Caleb has tremendous talent and do not want him to get too far off the accepted path. Totally agree with you, immature judgment.

Think that we are both on the same page. GO DAWGS!

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 9 months ago #4887 by swamphox
Replied by swamphox on topic Re:With all due respect,.....
I almost think the team should issue a press release saying that had he known it was illegal he wouldnt have been on it....I doubt he knew he needed a license for the moped

• swamphox
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #4890 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Buc,....
I believe I should offer my apologizes! After re-reading my reply to you I'm certain that the anger I felt toward the AJC may have been vented on you!...

While you are a bit longer in the teeth than I, I couldn't agree more with your points. In fact, I often look back upon my wild and brash youth and I'm amazed that I'm not planted in some field, with a granite headstone marking the end of a short and troubled life! While you had the 50's, I had the 60's/70's and the \"revolution\" to contend with!!!

Nonetheless, I happen to be a product of UGA, with a degree in journalism and there is precious little that I find remarkable about the AJC and Carter Strickland in particular! Hopefully Caleb will learn a vital lesson from his \"transgression\", but most importantly, I hope he has learned that his example good, bad or indifferent will always be a source of media interest.....

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds