Forum

Old School Football

11 years 7 months ago #48645 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Old School Football

bulldawg36869 wrote: Too many false start penalties
Offense still needs to speed up-wasted time outs and delay of gain penalties

Yeah.. the O-Line was really bothered by Mizzou jumping in
and out of different looks, especially Theus.

The doggone thing with the O-Line is we can't really wait beyond this season to have a more cohesive confident unit.

This year is set up great for us, and we need to take advantage of it. The young men need to grow into it
quickly. Hopefully this taste of what's to come will have us
more ready to take on the next hostile environment against
really active D-lines... 'cause it's coming.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48646 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Old School Football
Reflections of the Missouri/UGA football game, and other things . . .

Much has been said about Jarvis Jones, nothing more I can add. Actions speak louder than words. Jarvis is definitely a man of action, although he does handle himself really well when being interviewed. Multi-talented. Not many men of his character and talent come along too often, something like a cut above.

Living in Florida, I have a few connections to high school football players (other sports also) and every year I try and pass what I know and hear along to those of you that don’t get to hear and see all of the things I do concerning young players from this area. Makes this old fart — “old man” using the words from Missouri’s Richardson . . . . feel appreciated in some areas. While we get older, does not diminish our fervor or understanding of “the game”. It is possible that some of us old farts might understand “the game” better than some of the young whipper-snappers that like to pretend when discussing football.

One player that had my undivided attention in the first two games is someone that I have great faith in. Watched him along with others for some time. Marshall Morgan. Said when he signed on with UGA, excited me, huge leg and has the temperament to become outstanding. Said the same thing about Blair.

Watching the young man on kickoffs, something has changed. In high school he could kick the ball out of the endzone on a regular basis. Don’t get me wrong on this point, think I have seen a change that reminds me of the not too distant past when folks started messing with Blair Walsh.

Rex Robinson along with others became a bit perturbed about the change they saw in Walsh’s kicking from high school to college. Blair Walsh as we all know is now the kicker for the Minnesota Vikings. Corrected a simple little “timing” issue with Blair in the Vikings camp and told the other kickers to look elsewhere for employment.

Kicking as we all know can be and many times is the deciding factor in a very close game, especially when two teams are evenly matched. Watched South Carolina yesterday, they will be every much and more than what we played against the Missouri Tigers. Not degrading the Missouri team, they played their butts off. Comes a time in the second half that talent and depth has a way of stepping up, South Carolina has talent and depth, lots of it. Perfect game for a solid kicking game when teams are very close to equal.

Amazing how Morgan can hit a field goal over 50 yards and miss extra points. Folks, comes down to getting comfortable and most of all, kicking field goals and extra points usually is all about timing. Leg is fine with Morgan, huge leg, work on the timing issue, can’t afford to give up a single point in some of the upcoming games.

Just reliving what I saw in the first two games. Little things we work on to improve. Jarvis Jones, just get the hell out of the way, young man is with us this season and then some team in the NFL is going to enjoy what we are enjoying now.

Did you folks notice how high and far the ball traveled when he made the 50+ yarder in the Missouri game? I did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, dapolla

More
11 years 7 months ago #48649 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Old School Football
Buc, agree with your kicking post.....one reason he isn't kicking it through the endzone like in high school, is in high school, they kick off from the 40 yard line.

Is it just me or does Jarvis Jones remind you of Lawrence Taylor without the "nose candy"? To me, he's a carbon copy of him.

Unbelievable to me how Morgan can kick two long FG's and almost miss 2 extra points.

Think the D played good last night.....just wait once suspension's are over.

OL......ugh.

Need to give AM a valium before the 1st qtr of each game.......later he's fine.

Last night gave us the momentum for the rest of the season......seems like in the past when when get momentum, we are tough to beat.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #48651 by hedge hunter
Replied by hedge hunter on topic Re: Old School Football
I loved seeing richt run out and hug richard samuel after he stopped the fake punt. Best part of the game for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, bulldawg36869, WoodstockDawg, growl

More
11 years 7 months ago #48653 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re: Old School Football
After the first half I was fit to be tied.
Thank God for my wife who said that it was gonna be alright.
Great show of character.
That's what impressed me the most.
Agreed, kudos to Richard Samuel, plays his heart out wherever.
Jarvis Jones is a class act. No more do I disparage Columbus Carver.
A great team effort in the fourth quarter.
GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
11 years 7 months ago #48654 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re: Old School Football
Anyone see Aaron Murray holding the sign after the game, "Grown Man Football."

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds