Forum

Old School Football

11 years 7 months ago #48752 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Old School Football

kentdaddy wrote:

thriller wrote: Missouri still can't believe they lost that game. They have to make excuses:

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday...72946949--ncaaf.html

The QB sucked when he was in the game.

BUMP! Have tried to refrain from saying much about Franklin, really was not impressed. Not sure he is surrounded by a lot of experienced talent, definitely did not see the NFL arm. Frankly, not on the same level as AM by any means.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48755 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Old School Football

Buc wrote: Frankly, not on the same level as AM by any means.

Not sure he's on the same level as Christian LeMay either.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
11 years 7 months ago #48756 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Old School Football

sadlerdawg wrote:

Buc wrote: Frankly, not on the same level as AM by any means.

Not sure he's on the same level as Christian LeMay either.

sadlerdawg, think I will be a bit disappointed if we don't get to see more of LeMay on Saturday. Agree with your post.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48759 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Old School Football

bulldawg36869 wrote: The play calling was probably the best Bobo has ever done.

I don't know about that. The 2006 Peach (I refuse to say the name of that bigoted poultry restaurant) Bowl was a pretty amazing game. He also called the final drive of that year's Tech game, which was utter genius. And of course, there was the 2007 Florida game...

bulldawg36869 wrote: Bennett had his worst game ever.

Agreed. I can't wait until his hands come back to him. Should be a great season if that happens.

bulldawg36869 wrote: If Gurley stays healthy he will be a super star
Marshall can't seem to get it going

I really think that this is indecision on Bobo's part, coupled with Richt's conservative desire to keep everyone healthy and avoid mistakes. I think Richt will realize halfway through the Tennessee game what everyone else in Bulldog Nation has already figured out: that Todd Gurley is the starter, he's a stud and he's a workhorse. Marshall can and hopefully will be a very effective third-down back, with a threat to catch out of the backfield. KM has looked pretty good, in my opinion. It's hard to get a rhythm with Richt switching backs every two plays.

bulldawg36869 wrote: Jarvis Jones reminds me of Pollack

Here's the scary thing, especially since I share a name with #47: Jarvis Jones may be better than David Pollack. He's an insane ball-hawk, he's tireless, and - like Pollack - he's always around the ball. The only thing he's missing thus far is the ability of Greg Blue and Thomas Davis to make you hear his tackles even if you're in the next room. Hell, with Blue's tackles, you could hear them happen even if you didn't have the game on.

If we can play the first half the way we've played the second thus far, we're worthy of the top-ten ranking and we can reasonably anticipate at least a shot at the national title this year. THIS YEAR! I know, Dawgs, I'm trembling with excitement, too!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds