11 years 7 months ago #47727 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: The Schedule
Small note dapolla, we play Vandy and UT in Athens.......typo

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #47742 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Re: The Schedule
dapolla, welcome back, you've been missed!

Anyways, agree that we handle Mizzou by more than the "experts" are calling for; hoping we pull away in the 2nd half with our superior depth. USC game is where the East will be won or lost no doubt (tough call here). We had better beat the Gators AGAIN.

For me though, it's all about our O-line & RBs this season. If we can move the chains on the ground, control the clock, & keep our Defense fresh, no reason we can't go 12-0. If it's all on Murray's shoulder to execute Bobo's all or nothing play calls of bomb left, bomb right, or bomb down the seam, then I think we're looking at a 2-3 loss regular season.

Give me a running game, give me some high percentage play calls, give me the Junkyard Dawgs defense, & I'm preparing for a Red & Black tailgate party in downtown ATL on Sat. Dec. 1st.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton, OldSouthDawg

More
11 years 7 months ago #47743 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: The Schedule
I saw this thread – thanks for starting it, dapolla – good one. Before I read his predictions, I wanted to do my own and then see how much agreement/disagreement we have. Fun stuff!

Buffalo v. UGA. UGA starts out sluggish on offense (timing routes, blocking schemes, etc. are tough early in the season), but the inevitable always happens. UGA 48 Buffalo 17 (cheap points for them late in the game).

UGA v. Missouri. Tough road game early. Great offense versus great defense. Early season matchup I think favors defenses (see above). They have home team advantage (if that’s possible with only 71,000 seats), we have better football team advantage. I would MUCH rather have the latter. UGA 38 Missouri 31 (yes, I believe they will score on us and may have a lead at half time).

FAU v. UGA. Home game, easy team, cheap late scores for the visitors (<yawn>). UGA 51 FAU 14.

Vanderbilt v. UGA. Loud mouth coach who over estimates his teams football ability coming into our house in front of a LARGE, unfriendly crowd. Excellent QB will give the dawgs D fits, but Vandy is a perennial doormat for a reason – they always suck. UGA 34 Vandy 28. (Closer than it should be, but should be a win. BETTER BE.)

UT v. UGA. In my horrible opinion, our biggest “trap” game of the season. Down team with a good QB and a couple of good receivers. By this time, however, our D is back to full strength (as long as the bongs have been confiscated :S :blink: :whistle: ). UGA 27 UT 20

UGA v. ‘Cocks. THE game of the season. We gave that game away last year. Our team appeared to be the better team, and everyone is forgetting that, even Spurrious. On the road in a loud stadium, against a good RB and a QB whose life is NOT in shambles. Tougher than last year. But, UGA 22 USCe 18

UGA v. UK. Man, this better be easy. UGA 43 UK 17.

UF v. UGA. Another trap game. I think UF won’t stay down for long. I’m thinking a VERY tough game. This could easily be a loss, but I won’t say that. UGA 24 UF 21

Ole Miss v. UGA. This better not be close. UGA 45 Ole Miss 17.

UGA v. Abuurn. We keep hearing about how easy our schedule is. Not so. The Tigers on the plains is never an easy game . . . but . . . UGA 21 Abuurn 13.

Ga. Southern v. UGA. Close one? Maybe. Probably not. UGA 41 Ga. So. 27.

Ga. Tech. v. UGA. Give me a break. UGA 31 GT 17, as usual.

SEC Championship. Coin toss time. LSU or Alabama. I’m thinking LSU.
LSU 34 UGA 21.
Outback Bowl. UGA v. Nebraska. UGA 27 Nebraska 17.

Question is, would this be considered a “satisfying season”?

More
11 years 7 months ago #47745 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: The Schedule
Answer: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: TN Dawg

More
11 years 7 months ago #47746 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: The Schedule
only loss is to LSU in the SEC Championship game means a 12-1 UGA team plays in the outback bowl. Sugar would be more like it.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
11 years 7 months ago #47747 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Re: The Schedule
Regrettably, yes.
Positives:
1. Silencing critics about Missou
2. Going undefeated in regular season
3. Avenging loss to SC.
4. 3 in a row over TN
5. 2 in row over UF (hasn't happened since '88-'89)
6. winning East outright
7. 3 in row over GT (always good to beat GT)

Negatives:
1. Schedule viewed as soft and couldn't win NC
2. Still sucking hind tit to LSU and BAMA
3. No SEC title
4. No NC title
5. Not seen as relevant in NC race.

This year has potential. However if everything does happen as thriller states, no one will consider UGA a contender for the NC game. IF we do beat LSU (or BAMA) in the SECCG, it will be luck. We had the easy road. Not in my mind. Just how I think we will be viewed. So does everything ride on the NC consideration for season to be a success? It sure seems that way on many accounts. I, for one, plan on relaxing and enjoying the ride. Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds